Jack Johnson Scraps Japan Tour
Jack Johnson was in Osaka when the earthquake and tsunami hit the Japanese coast last month, March 11.
The "Better Together" singer and his band performed as scheduled that night and then announced plans to postpone the remaining tour dates in the wake of the double disaster.
Jack Johnson had hoped to return to Japan before his summer shows, but it has not been possible to reschedule.
A post on his website reads, "The band hopes to be back to Japan soon to reunite with friends and play more music."
Jack Johnson has donated $50,000 to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund to help the survivors of the disaster.
He also participated in the Kokua For Japan concert in Honolulu, Hawaii at the weekend, which helped raise $1.6 million to benefit the American Red Cross for the Japan earthquake and Pacific tsunami relief efforts.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2