Jack Johnson Scraps Japan Tour
Jack Johnson was in Osaka when the earthquake and tsunami hit the Japanese coast last month, March 11.
The "Better Together" singer and his band performed as scheduled that night and then announced plans to postpone the remaining tour dates in the wake of the double disaster.
Jack Johnson had hoped to return to Japan before his summer shows, but it has not been possible to reschedule.
A post on his website reads, "The band hopes to be back to Japan soon to reunite with friends and play more music."
Jack Johnson has donated $50,000 to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund to help the survivors of the disaster.
He also participated in the Kokua For Japan concert in Honolulu, Hawaii at the weekend, which helped raise $1.6 million to benefit the American Red Cross for the Japan earthquake and Pacific tsunami relief efforts.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding