Jack Johnson Scraps Japan Tour
Jack Johnson was in Osaka when the earthquake and tsunami hit the Japanese coast last month, March 11.
The "Better Together" singer and his band performed as scheduled that night and then announced plans to postpone the remaining tour dates in the wake of the double disaster.
Jack Johnson had hoped to return to Japan before his summer shows, but it has not been possible to reschedule.
A post on his website reads, "The band hopes to be back to Japan soon to reunite with friends and play more music."
Jack Johnson has donated $50,000 to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund to help the survivors of the disaster.
He also participated in the Kokua For Japan concert in Honolulu, Hawaii at the weekend, which helped raise $1.6 million to benefit the American Red Cross for the Japan earthquake and Pacific tsunami relief efforts.
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert