Jack Johnson Scraps Japan Tour
Jack Johnson was in Osaka when the earthquake and tsunami hit the Japanese coast last month, March 11.
The "Better Together" singer and his band performed as scheduled that night and then announced plans to postpone the remaining tour dates in the wake of the double disaster.
Jack Johnson had hoped to return to Japan before his summer shows, but it has not been possible to reschedule.
A post on his website reads, "The band hopes to be back to Japan soon to reunite with friends and play more music."
Jack Johnson has donated $50,000 to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund to help the survivors of the disaster.
He also participated in the Kokua For Japan concert in Honolulu, Hawaii at the weekend, which helped raise $1.6 million to benefit the American Red Cross for the Japan earthquake and Pacific tsunami relief efforts.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season