Good Charlotte's Gig Cancelled Over Terrorism Fears
Good Charlotte had been due to perform at a one-off show for Jack Daniel's whiskey, called The JD Set, on 22 April in Kuta, Bali - but guitarist Benji Madden claimed on April 11, it had been scrapped because of a scheduling problem.
They have now revealed the real reason behind the cancellation - organisers decided to move the show because of a terrorism alert issued by officials in Australia.
A statement posted on the band's website reads, "The JD Set Bali... has been cancelled due to security warnings issued outside of the country."
"The show... will be moved to an alternate location at a new time with additional details released as soon as they become available. The band Good Charlotte expressed their disappointment at the need to cancel the Bali appearance: 'We were really looking forward to appearing at the JD Set in Bali next week, but safety has to come first so obviously the right call has been made'."
Bali was devastated by a series of bombings in 2005 which left 20 people dead and more than 100 injured.
More Good Charlotte News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding