Good Charlotte's Gig Cancelled Over Terrorism Fears
Good Charlotte had been due to perform at a one-off show for Jack Daniel's whiskey, called The JD Set, on 22 April in Kuta, Bali - but guitarist Benji Madden claimed on April 11, it had been scrapped because of a scheduling problem.
They have now revealed the real reason behind the cancellation - organisers decided to move the show because of a terrorism alert issued by officials in Australia.
A statement posted on the band's website reads, "The JD Set Bali... has been cancelled due to security warnings issued outside of the country."
"The show... will be moved to an alternate location at a new time with additional details released as soon as they become available. The band Good Charlotte expressed their disappointment at the need to cancel the Bali appearance: 'We were really looking forward to appearing at the JD Set in Bali next week, but safety has to come first so obviously the right call has been made'."
Bali was devastated by a series of bombings in 2005 which left 20 people dead and more than 100 injured.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group