Kimora Lee Simmons Fires Back at Starving Herself Report
Model-turned-designer Kimora Lee Simmons has fired back at reports she's starving herself to stay thin. The former wife of rap mogul Russell Simmons is outraged by rumors she's drastic dieting and insists she'd never take dangerous steps to look good - because she'd be setting a bad example for her kids.
In a statement released via her blog, she writes, "I just wanted to take a moment to address a story about my recent weight loss that began circulating today. This story led people to believe that I shed 25 lbs (pounds) by not eating, which is completely ridiculous."
"I am a mother of three young children, two of whom are girls and I'm trying to raise them with a healthy body image. It's taken me almost a year to lose close to 25 lbs and I did it through healthy diet and exercise. So yes, I'm a bit smaller, but still curvy and healthy and proud of my body and the time it has taken me to undergo this personal journey for myself."
"I'm not one of those 'superstar moms' who lost all their baby weight in a week. So, yes, I'm upset about the innuendo because I just can't win. In the past year there have been numerous rumors about my weight - first I was attacked for being a size 10, now I'm anorexic?"
"I'm a real woman and I represent real women. I believe that people are beautiful at any size, color or weight. The way this article was promoted is unfortunate - what a silly way to sensationalize a story, especially when you know young people will be reading it."
"There must be more accountability in reporting, especially considering the far reaching impact on girls and young women who are exposed to this kind of misleading information on a daily basis. What kind of example is that setting for them?"
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'