Kimora Lee Simmons Fires Back at Starving Herself Report
Model-turned-designer Kimora Lee Simmons has fired back at reports she's starving herself to stay thin. The former wife of rap mogul Russell Simmons is outraged by rumors she's drastic dieting and insists she'd never take dangerous steps to look good - because she'd be setting a bad example for her kids.
In a statement released via her blog, she writes, "I just wanted to take a moment to address a story about my recent weight loss that began circulating today. This story led people to believe that I shed 25 lbs (pounds) by not eating, which is completely ridiculous."
"I am a mother of three young children, two of whom are girls and I'm trying to raise them with a healthy body image. It's taken me almost a year to lose close to 25 lbs and I did it through healthy diet and exercise. So yes, I'm a bit smaller, but still curvy and healthy and proud of my body and the time it has taken me to undergo this personal journey for myself."
"I'm not one of those 'superstar moms' who lost all their baby weight in a week. So, yes, I'm upset about the innuendo because I just can't win. In the past year there have been numerous rumors about my weight - first I was attacked for being a size 10, now I'm anorexic?"
"I'm a real woman and I represent real women. I believe that people are beautiful at any size, color or weight. The way this article was promoted is unfortunate - what a silly way to sensationalize a story, especially when you know young people will be reading it."
"There must be more accountability in reporting, especially considering the far reaching impact on girls and young women who are exposed to this kind of misleading information on a daily basis. What kind of example is that setting for them?"
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift