Prince Requested Rosario Dawson as Chat Show Guest
Rosario Dawson made a handful of simple requests - like water and organic tortilla chips - but he also asked for the "Sin City" star to be a guest on the show as well.
The flattered actress says, "It's exactly (like) the first time I met Prince when I was 19, he requested me to be on his '1999' remix album. Imagine that phone call."
"He called me and said, 'I've written this monologue and I think it's really important and I'm very excited about doing this remix album for this song - for '1999' - and I think that you're the voice of a generation and you need to say it. I was like, 'I am? Oh my God.' "
The two became friends and Rosario Dawson admits she's always inspired by the "Purple Rain" hitmaker: "All the moments and the years that we've known each other that he's shown up my life have been so great."
More Prince News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story