Adam Ant Advises Catherine Zeta-Jones to Hug a Tree
Catherine Zeta-Jones confirmed on Wednesday, April 13, she spent five days at a clinic in the U.S. earlier this month to treat her bipolar disorder.
Adam Ant, real name Stuart Goddard, has a long history of mental health problems and has undergone several stints of psychiatric treatment, and he's now spoken out in support of Zeta-Jones as she recovers.
But he fears five days of treatment will not be enough to make the actress well again, and insists her illness could possibly harm her Hollywood career.
Adam Ant tells Sky News, "Its certainly not enough (time in the clinic)... Catherine Zeta-Jones right now needs a rest and friends and her family, she has children, and (she needs) to hug a tree, really get out there. And know who your friends are.
"I think (five days is) too quick. Again, the psychology of Hollywood, having lived there and worked as an actor there, it's incredibly competitive and when you make it... you're number one one week, and next week you're number two. You are on this roller coaster.
"Someone like that is supporting a lot of people. She is worth a lot of money to a lot of people... so it's not in the interests of the studio to have her unwell. So she is kind of out on her own...
"I applaud her for making that choice (to go public) because if you're an actor and you're worth a lot of money, if you have a problem with drink or drugs that can be dealt with to a degree... but when you have this, you are not a very good investment. It's very difficult to get insured with a mental illness. If you go to an insurance company and say there's a history of mental illness, you're in trouble."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny