Adam Ant Advises Catherine Zeta-Jones to Hug a Tree
Catherine Zeta-Jones confirmed on Wednesday, April 13, she spent five days at a clinic in the U.S. earlier this month to treat her bipolar disorder.
Adam Ant, real name Stuart Goddard, has a long history of mental health problems and has undergone several stints of psychiatric treatment, and he's now spoken out in support of Zeta-Jones as she recovers.
But he fears five days of treatment will not be enough to make the actress well again, and insists her illness could possibly harm her Hollywood career.
Adam Ant tells Sky News, "Its certainly not enough (time in the clinic)... Catherine Zeta-Jones right now needs a rest and friends and her family, she has children, and (she needs) to hug a tree, really get out there. And know who your friends are.
"I think (five days is) too quick. Again, the psychology of Hollywood, having lived there and worked as an actor there, it's incredibly competitive and when you make it... you're number one one week, and next week you're number two. You are on this roller coaster.
"Someone like that is supporting a lot of people. She is worth a lot of money to a lot of people... so it's not in the interests of the studio to have her unwell. So she is kind of out on her own...
"I applaud her for making that choice (to go public) because if you're an actor and you're worth a lot of money, if you have a problem with drink or drugs that can be dealt with to a degree... but when you have this, you are not a very good investment. It's very difficult to get insured with a mental illness. If you go to an insurance company and say there's a history of mental illness, you're in trouble."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame