Prince Keeps Gig Tickets Cheap
Prince is set to play 21 dates in the city, kicking off on Thursday, April 14, at the L.A. Forum, and he has decided to keep prices low to make sure cash-strapped supporters can still see his shows.
A large portion of the tickets will be sold for a $25 entrance fee and the "Purple Rain" singer is adamant fans deserve to pay the "price" for concerts, blaming sales website TicketMaster for inflating charges over the years.
He tells U.S. TV host George Lopez, "$25 is what we used to pay for concerts. Then somebody called TicketMaster came in. Now we're showing who the real ticket master is and putting the right price on it."
More Prince News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding