Prince Keeps Gig Tickets Cheap
Prince is set to play 21 dates in the city, kicking off on Thursday, April 14, at the L.A. Forum, and he has decided to keep prices low to make sure cash-strapped supporters can still see his shows.
A large portion of the tickets will be sold for a $25 entrance fee and the "Purple Rain" singer is adamant fans deserve to pay the "price" for concerts, blaming sales website TicketMaster for inflating charges over the years.
He tells U.S. TV host George Lopez, "$25 is what we used to pay for concerts. Then somebody called TicketMaster came in. Now we're showing who the real ticket master is and putting the right price on it."
More Prince News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen