Prince Keeps Gig Tickets Cheap
Prince is set to play 21 dates in the city, kicking off on Thursday, April 14, at the L.A. Forum, and he has decided to keep prices low to make sure cash-strapped supporters can still see his shows.
A large portion of the tickets will be sold for a $25 entrance fee and the "Purple Rain" singer is adamant fans deserve to pay the "price" for concerts, blaming sales website TicketMaster for inflating charges over the years.
He tells U.S. TV host George Lopez, "$25 is what we used to pay for concerts. Then somebody called TicketMaster came in. Now we're showing who the real ticket master is and putting the right price on it."
More Prince News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences