Prince Keeps Gig Tickets Cheap
Prince is set to play 21 dates in the city, kicking off on Thursday, April 14, at the L.A. Forum, and he has decided to keep prices low to make sure cash-strapped supporters can still see his shows.
A large portion of the tickets will be sold for a $25 entrance fee and the "Purple Rain" singer is adamant fans deserve to pay the "price" for concerts, blaming sales website TicketMaster for inflating charges over the years.
He tells U.S. TV host George Lopez, "$25 is what we used to pay for concerts. Then somebody called TicketMaster came in. Now we're showing who the real ticket master is and putting the right price on it."
More Prince News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo