Baseball Star Barry Bonds Guilty Over Steroids Probe
Barry Bonds has long faced speculation about whether he took drugs to boost his performance.
In 2007 he was indicted on a number of charges for allegedly lying to a grand jury during the government's investigation of a drug company. During the hearings he testified that he never knowingly took any illegal steroids.
The former San Francisco Giants star' trial began in San Francisco, California in March and on Wednesday, April 13, he was convicted of obstruction of justice.
The jury was unable to reach a decision on a number of perjury charges. He now faces up to 21 months in prison.
Barry Bonds, the son of baseball player Bobby Barry Bonds, broke numerous records during his stellar sports career, hitting an all-time high of 762 home runs in Major League Baseball and holding the record for most home runs in a season, having reached 73 in 2001.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia