Baseball Star Barry Bonds Guilty Over Steroids Probe
Barry Bonds has long faced speculation about whether he took drugs to boost his performance.
In 2007 he was indicted on a number of charges for allegedly lying to a grand jury during the government's investigation of a drug company. During the hearings he testified that he never knowingly took any illegal steroids.
The former San Francisco Giants star' trial began in San Francisco, California in March and on Wednesday, April 13, he was convicted of obstruction of justice.
The jury was unable to reach a decision on a number of perjury charges. He now faces up to 21 months in prison.
Barry Bonds, the son of baseball player Bobby Barry Bonds, broke numerous records during his stellar sports career, hitting an all-time high of 762 home runs in Major League Baseball and holding the record for most home runs in a season, having reached 73 in 2001.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story