Baseball Star Barry Bonds Guilty Over Steroids Probe
Barry Bonds has long faced speculation about whether he took drugs to boost his performance.
In 2007 he was indicted on a number of charges for allegedly lying to a grand jury during the government's investigation of a drug company. During the hearings he testified that he never knowingly took any illegal steroids.
The former San Francisco Giants star' trial began in San Francisco, California in March and on Wednesday, April 13, he was convicted of obstruction of justice.
The jury was unable to reach a decision on a number of perjury charges. He now faces up to 21 months in prison.
Barry Bonds, the son of baseball player Bobby Barry Bonds, broke numerous records during his stellar sports career, hitting an all-time high of 762 home runs in Major League Baseball and holding the record for most home runs in a season, having reached 73 in 2001.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'