Baseball Star Barry Bonds Guilty Over Steroids Probe
Barry Bonds has long faced speculation about whether he took drugs to boost his performance.
In 2007 he was indicted on a number of charges for allegedly lying to a grand jury during the government's investigation of a drug company. During the hearings he testified that he never knowingly took any illegal steroids.
The former San Francisco Giants star' trial began in San Francisco, California in March and on Wednesday, April 13, he was convicted of obstruction of justice.
The jury was unable to reach a decision on a number of perjury charges. He now faces up to 21 months in prison.
Barry Bonds, the son of baseball player Bobby Barry Bonds, broke numerous records during his stellar sports career, hitting an all-time high of 762 home runs in Major League Baseball and holding the record for most home runs in a season, having reached 73 in 2001.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars