Baseball Star Barry Bonds Guilty Over Steroids Probe
Barry Bonds has long faced speculation about whether he took drugs to boost his performance.
In 2007 he was indicted on a number of charges for allegedly lying to a grand jury during the government's investigation of a drug company. During the hearings he testified that he never knowingly took any illegal steroids.
The former San Francisco Giants star' trial began in San Francisco, California in March and on Wednesday, April 13, he was convicted of obstruction of justice.
The jury was unable to reach a decision on a number of perjury charges. He now faces up to 21 months in prison.
Barry Bonds, the son of baseball player Bobby Barry Bonds, broke numerous records during his stellar sports career, hitting an all-time high of 762 home runs in Major League Baseball and holding the record for most home runs in a season, having reached 73 in 2001.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers