George Michael Re-Records Royal Wedding Song
George Michael has spent this month putting together a record in honor of Prince William and Kate Middleton's upcoming nuptials as a "wedding pressie" (gift) for the couple.
The song was finished this week, April 10, but Michael decided to head back to the studio on Wednesday, April 13, to record it all over again to make sure the finished product is perfect.
In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "So excited that about (sic) the song/gift... Recorded the track all over again yesterday in a different key and a new vocals (sic), sounds even more romantic..."
The song is a cover version and George Michael is determined to keep the track a secret until he unveils it on Friday, April 15, but he has given fans a number of clues.
He writes, "Suffice to say it's a beautiful song and it was never a single so chances are u don't know it... But I think it's a perfect fit... It was written in the seventies by a genius."
The song will be available for free on CNN.com from Friday and George Michael is urging fans who download it to make a donation to William and Kate's wedding fund, which will give money to good causes in lieu of gifts.
He adds, "William and Kate have asked that anybody who was thinking of getting them a gift should instead make a donation... To www.royalweddingcharityfund.org... I would be so proud of my fans if they could make there (sic) own donation!"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'