Chris Martin and Simon Pegg Team Up for Pub Gig
Simon Pegg put together plans for Parting Glass: A Wake for John Parkhouse following the death of the former manager of the Boogaloo in Highgate, the pub which is said to have inspired The Winchester in the actor's hit 2004 film Shaun of the Dead.
The funnyman came on stage to talk about his late pal and, after a performance by the Warbourne Brothers Band, he introduced the night's surprise guest, with Chris Martin taking over to play a set of his hits.
During the show, Chris Martin joked about the number of "soppy" songs he was playing, telling the crowd, "Hey, I gotta get paid for all the abuse I get from people like Liam Gallagher... ." And when he then asked the audience which song he should play next, a woman in the audience shouted out, " 'Wonderwall", by Gallagher's former band Oasis.
Chris Martin replied, "F**k it, I'll do it! But only if you do it with me", and invited the female fan on to the stage to sing with him.
He finished the show by asking his pal Simon Pegg onto the stage to perform "Green Eyes" and the "Hot Fuzz" star played harmonica as Chris Martin sang.
After the gig, Simon Pegg shared the experience with fans, writing in a post on his Twitter.com page, "Big ups to The Boogaloo on Archway Road. What a great night and a lovely send off for a lovely man. Safe travels John."
More Chris Martin News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics