Chris Martin and Simon Pegg Team Up for Pub Gig
Simon Pegg put together plans for Parting Glass: A Wake for John Parkhouse following the death of the former manager of the Boogaloo in Highgate, the pub which is said to have inspired The Winchester in the actor's hit 2004 film Shaun of the Dead.
The funnyman came on stage to talk about his late pal and, after a performance by the Warbourne Brothers Band, he introduced the night's surprise guest, with Chris Martin taking over to play a set of his hits.
During the show, Chris Martin joked about the number of "soppy" songs he was playing, telling the crowd, "Hey, I gotta get paid for all the abuse I get from people like Liam Gallagher... ." And when he then asked the audience which song he should play next, a woman in the audience shouted out, " 'Wonderwall", by Gallagher's former band Oasis.
Chris Martin replied, "F**k it, I'll do it! But only if you do it with me", and invited the female fan on to the stage to sing with him.
He finished the show by asking his pal Simon Pegg onto the stage to perform "Green Eyes" and the "Hot Fuzz" star played harmonica as Chris Martin sang.
After the gig, Simon Pegg shared the experience with fans, writing in a post on his Twitter.com page, "Big ups to The Boogaloo on Archway Road. What a great night and a lovely send off for a lovely man. Safe travels John."
More Chris Martin News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set