Celia Imrie Hopes to Help Anorexic Patients
The "Bridget Jones's Diary" star Celia Imrie battled the condition as a young girl hoping to get into ballet school and was even hospitalized to receive treatment when her weight plummeted.
She came under fire from bosses at U.K. eating disorder charity Beat earlier in 2011 after stating "you get yourself into it and only you can get yourself out of it", but Celia Imrie has now offered herself up as an adviser to anyone struggling with anorexia.
The actress tells Britain's "The One Show", "If I can help anybody get themselves out of it... I'd be happy to try and persuade somebody."
"It's a tough one because I didn't really listen to people. But I'm happy to help anybody if they want to listen to me, because they can get themselves out of it."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed