Celia Imrie Hopes to Help Anorexic Patients
The "Bridget Jones's Diary" star Celia Imrie battled the condition as a young girl hoping to get into ballet school and was even hospitalized to receive treatment when her weight plummeted.
She came under fire from bosses at U.K. eating disorder charity Beat earlier in 2011 after stating "you get yourself into it and only you can get yourself out of it", but Celia Imrie has now offered herself up as an adviser to anyone struggling with anorexia.
The actress tells Britain's "The One Show", "If I can help anybody get themselves out of it... I'd be happy to try and persuade somebody."
"It's a tough one because I didn't really listen to people. But I'm happy to help anybody if they want to listen to me, because they can get themselves out of it."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion