Celia Imrie Hopes to Help Anorexic Patients
The "Bridget Jones's Diary" star Celia Imrie battled the condition as a young girl hoping to get into ballet school and was even hospitalized to receive treatment when her weight plummeted.
She came under fire from bosses at U.K. eating disorder charity Beat earlier in 2011 after stating "you get yourself into it and only you can get yourself out of it", but Celia Imrie has now offered herself up as an adviser to anyone struggling with anorexia.
The actress tells Britain's "The One Show", "If I can help anybody get themselves out of it... I'd be happy to try and persuade somebody."
"It's a tough one because I didn't really listen to people. But I'm happy to help anybody if they want to listen to me, because they can get themselves out of it."
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting