Celia Imrie Hopes to Help Anorexic Patients
The "Bridget Jones's Diary" star Celia Imrie battled the condition as a young girl hoping to get into ballet school and was even hospitalized to receive treatment when her weight plummeted.
She came under fire from bosses at U.K. eating disorder charity Beat earlier in 2011 after stating "you get yourself into it and only you can get yourself out of it", but Celia Imrie has now offered herself up as an adviser to anyone struggling with anorexia.
The actress tells Britain's "The One Show", "If I can help anybody get themselves out of it... I'd be happy to try and persuade somebody."
"It's a tough one because I didn't really listen to people. But I'm happy to help anybody if they want to listen to me, because they can get themselves out of it."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?