Celia Imrie Hopes to Help Anorexic Patients
The "Bridget Jones's Diary" star Celia Imrie battled the condition as a young girl hoping to get into ballet school and was even hospitalized to receive treatment when her weight plummeted.
She came under fire from bosses at U.K. eating disorder charity Beat earlier in 2011 after stating "you get yourself into it and only you can get yourself out of it", but Celia Imrie has now offered herself up as an adviser to anyone struggling with anorexia.
The actress tells Britain's "The One Show", "If I can help anybody get themselves out of it... I'd be happy to try and persuade somebody."
"It's a tough one because I didn't really listen to people. But I'm happy to help anybody if they want to listen to me, because they can get themselves out of it."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season