Russell Brand Joins Tom Cruise in 'Rock of Ages'
Russell Brand has joined the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" following months of speculation. The British funny man was trying to schedule the role of Lonny around his summer plans with wife Katy Perry and now it appears he's sorted out the logistics.
On Wednesday, April 13, director Adam Shankman tweeted, "I can officially announce Russell Brand as your Lonny in #rockofagesmovie ! I see a mullet in his future...maybe a Nikki Six?" Meanwhile, New Line Cinema told Entertainment Weekly that the actor has not officially closed the deal just yet, but he will very soon.
He'll join Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin and Mary J. Blige among the supporting cast of the film. Little-known Mexican actor Diego Boneta was announced as the star of the project on April 8.
In related news, Deadline reported that Amy Adams, who was eyed to play the journalist who interviews and is seduced by Tom's character Stacee Jaxx, can't join the film project. Accordingly, her role as Lois Lane in new Superman film, "Man of Steel", hinders her to do both movies.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance