Russell Brand Joins Tom Cruise in 'Rock of Ages'
Russell Brand has joined the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" following months of speculation. The British funny man was trying to schedule the role of Lonny around his summer plans with wife Katy Perry and now it appears he's sorted out the logistics.
On Wednesday, April 13, director Adam Shankman tweeted, "I can officially announce Russell Brand as your Lonny in #rockofagesmovie ! I see a mullet in his future...maybe a Nikki Six?" Meanwhile, New Line Cinema told Entertainment Weekly that the actor has not officially closed the deal just yet, but he will very soon.
He'll join Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin and Mary J. Blige among the supporting cast of the film. Little-known Mexican actor Diego Boneta was announced as the star of the project on April 8.
In related news, Deadline reported that Amy Adams, who was eyed to play the journalist who interviews and is seduced by Tom's character Stacee Jaxx, can't join the film project. Accordingly, her role as Lois Lane in new Superman film, "Man of Steel", hinders her to do both movies.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group