Russell Brand Joins Tom Cruise in 'Rock of Ages'
Russell Brand has joined the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" following months of speculation. The British funny man was trying to schedule the role of Lonny around his summer plans with wife Katy Perry and now it appears he's sorted out the logistics.
On Wednesday, April 13, director Adam Shankman tweeted, "I can officially announce Russell Brand as your Lonny in #rockofagesmovie ! I see a mullet in his future...maybe a Nikki Six?" Meanwhile, New Line Cinema told Entertainment Weekly that the actor has not officially closed the deal just yet, but he will very soon.
He'll join Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin and Mary J. Blige among the supporting cast of the film. Little-known Mexican actor Diego Boneta was announced as the star of the project on April 8.
In related news, Deadline reported that Amy Adams, who was eyed to play the journalist who interviews and is seduced by Tom's character Stacee Jaxx, can't join the film project. Accordingly, her role as Lois Lane in new Superman film, "Man of Steel", hinders her to do both movies.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'