Russell Brand Joins Tom Cruise in 'Rock of Ages'
Russell Brand has joined the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" following months of speculation. The British funny man was trying to schedule the role of Lonny around his summer plans with wife Katy Perry and now it appears he's sorted out the logistics.
On Wednesday, April 13, director Adam Shankman tweeted, "I can officially announce Russell Brand as your Lonny in #rockofagesmovie ! I see a mullet in his future...maybe a Nikki Six?" Meanwhile, New Line Cinema told Entertainment Weekly that the actor has not officially closed the deal just yet, but he will very soon.
He'll join Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin and Mary J. Blige among the supporting cast of the film. Little-known Mexican actor Diego Boneta was announced as the star of the project on April 8.
In related news, Deadline reported that Amy Adams, who was eyed to play the journalist who interviews and is seduced by Tom's character Stacee Jaxx, can't join the film project. Accordingly, her role as Lois Lane in new Superman film, "Man of Steel", hinders her to do both movies.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke