Russell Brand Joins Tom Cruise in 'Rock of Ages'
Russell Brand has joined the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" following months of speculation. The British funny man was trying to schedule the role of Lonny around his summer plans with wife Katy Perry and now it appears he's sorted out the logistics.
On Wednesday, April 13, director Adam Shankman tweeted, "I can officially announce Russell Brand as your Lonny in #rockofagesmovie ! I see a mullet in his future...maybe a Nikki Six?" Meanwhile, New Line Cinema told Entertainment Weekly that the actor has not officially closed the deal just yet, but he will very soon.
He'll join Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin and Mary J. Blige among the supporting cast of the film. Little-known Mexican actor Diego Boneta was announced as the star of the project on April 8.
In related news, Deadline reported that Amy Adams, who was eyed to play the journalist who interviews and is seduced by Tom's character Stacee Jaxx, can't join the film project. Accordingly, her role as Lois Lane in new Superman film, "Man of Steel", hinders her to do both movies.
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups