Snoop Dogg Furious About Having to Change 'Wet' Title
Snoop Dogg has been told to change the title of his bachelor party anthem dedicated to royal fan Prince William in order to get the racy tune played on U.S. radio stations. The "Gin and Juice" hitmaker came up with "Wet" in honor of the British royal's upcoming nuptials to Kate Middleton, insisting he hoped the tune would help the Prince celebrate his final days as a single man.
He faced some criticism from radio chiefs who refused to play the song on air unless he renamed the track to make it more family-friendly, but the backlash has stunned Snoop - because another single he created with Dr. Dre is all about their love of marijuana.
He tells Vibe magazine, "I did a song called 'Wet', and these motherf****rs at radio made me change the title to 'Sweat'. I didn't change one line on Kush. I hear that motherf****r on the radio every day, and we're talking about straight smoking dope. I can't be sexy, but I can be drug oriented."
More Snoop Dogg News
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why