Van Damme Cries Over His Return to Fight
Movie tough guy Jean-Claude Van Damme broke down in tears on his U.K. reality TV show as he discussed his upcoming return to fighting, insisting he wants to "be a champion" again to make his family proud.
The star is in training to take on Thai kickboxer Somluck Kamsing in November and he became overwhelmed with emotion when talking about the bout on his series "Jean Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors".
"I want to do something for my ego, a fight, where I can win again and be a champion," he says. "Something for me to clean myself, to repair the machine. Win or lose situation, I will be a warrior again. I may be 50 but I will be a warrior, so I know my family will love me. So I can take you with me a second time to success."
Van Damme turned his back on fighting when he broke into movies in the 1980s.
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports