Van Damme Cries Over His Return to Fight
Movie tough guy Jean-Claude Van Damme broke down in tears on his U.K. reality TV show as he discussed his upcoming return to fighting, insisting he wants to "be a champion" again to make his family proud.
The star is in training to take on Thai kickboxer Somluck Kamsing in November and he became overwhelmed with emotion when talking about the bout on his series "Jean Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors".
"I want to do something for my ego, a fight, where I can win again and be a champion," he says. "Something for me to clean myself, to repair the machine. Win or lose situation, I will be a warrior again. I may be 50 but I will be a warrior, so I know my family will love me. So I can take you with me a second time to success."
Van Damme turned his back on fighting when he broke into movies in the 1980s.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest