Van Damme Cries Over His Return to Fight
Movie tough guy Jean-Claude Van Damme broke down in tears on his U.K. reality TV show as he discussed his upcoming return to fighting, insisting he wants to "be a champion" again to make his family proud.
The star is in training to take on Thai kickboxer Somluck Kamsing in November and he became overwhelmed with emotion when talking about the bout on his series "Jean Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors".
"I want to do something for my ego, a fight, where I can win again and be a champion," he says. "Something for me to clean myself, to repair the machine. Win or lose situation, I will be a warrior again. I may be 50 but I will be a warrior, so I know my family will love me. So I can take you with me a second time to success."
Van Damme turned his back on fighting when he broke into movies in the 1980s.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked