Jane Curtin Brands John Belushi Sexist
Movie legend John Belushi has been outed as a male chauvinist by his "Saturday Night Live" co-star Jane Curtin, who has revealed the "Blues Brothers" actor made it clear he didn't think women were funny enough to be comedy writers.
Curtin dropped the bombshell about the late star during an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in America on Tuesday, April 12. The comedienne recalled behind-the-scenes hostility on the "SNL" set - because Belushi had no respect for the women on the hit show.
Curtin revealed, "John said, 'Women are just fundamentally not funny'. You'd go to a table reading and if a woman writer had written a piece for John, he would not read it in his full voice; he would whisper it. He felt it was his duty to sabotage pieces that were written by women. It was very difficult."
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert