Jane Curtin Brands John Belushi Sexist
Movie legend John Belushi has been outed as a male chauvinist by his "Saturday Night Live" co-star Jane Curtin, who has revealed the "Blues Brothers" actor made it clear he didn't think women were funny enough to be comedy writers.
Curtin dropped the bombshell about the late star during an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in America on Tuesday, April 12. The comedienne recalled behind-the-scenes hostility on the "SNL" set - because Belushi had no respect for the women on the hit show.
Curtin revealed, "John said, 'Women are just fundamentally not funny'. You'd go to a table reading and if a woman writer had written a piece for John, he would not read it in his full voice; he would whisper it. He felt it was his duty to sabotage pieces that were written by women. It was very difficult."
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors