Jane Curtin Brands John Belushi Sexist
Movie legend John Belushi has been outed as a male chauvinist by his "Saturday Night Live" co-star Jane Curtin, who has revealed the "Blues Brothers" actor made it clear he didn't think women were funny enough to be comedy writers.
Curtin dropped the bombshell about the late star during an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in America on Tuesday, April 12. The comedienne recalled behind-the-scenes hostility on the "SNL" set - because Belushi had no respect for the women on the hit show.
Curtin revealed, "John said, 'Women are just fundamentally not funny'. You'd go to a table reading and if a woman writer had written a piece for John, he would not read it in his full voice; he would whisper it. He felt it was his duty to sabotage pieces that were written by women. It was very difficult."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed