Jane Curtin Brands John Belushi Sexist
Movie legend John Belushi has been outed as a male chauvinist by his "Saturday Night Live" co-star Jane Curtin, who has revealed the "Blues Brothers" actor made it clear he didn't think women were funny enough to be comedy writers.
Curtin dropped the bombshell about the late star during an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in America on Tuesday, April 12. The comedienne recalled behind-the-scenes hostility on the "SNL" set - because Belushi had no respect for the women on the hit show.
Curtin revealed, "John said, 'Women are just fundamentally not funny'. You'd go to a table reading and if a woman writer had written a piece for John, he would not read it in his full voice; he would whisper it. He felt it was his duty to sabotage pieces that were written by women. It was very difficult."
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC