Jane Curtin Brands John Belushi Sexist
Movie legend John Belushi has been outed as a male chauvinist by his "Saturday Night Live" co-star Jane Curtin, who has revealed the "Blues Brothers" actor made it clear he didn't think women were funny enough to be comedy writers.
Curtin dropped the bombshell about the late star during an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in America on Tuesday, April 12. The comedienne recalled behind-the-scenes hostility on the "SNL" set - because Belushi had no respect for the women on the hit show.
Curtin revealed, "John said, 'Women are just fundamentally not funny'. You'd go to a table reading and if a woman writer had written a piece for John, he would not read it in his full voice; he would whisper it. He felt it was his duty to sabotage pieces that were written by women. It was very difficult."
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App