Michael Jackson's Mother Denies Signing Declaration Against Estate
Katherine Jackson is calling for Michael Jackson's estate to drop a lawsuit against one of his old charities. The pop star's mum has filed legal documents against estate executor John Branca and demanded he drop all charges against the Heal the World Foundation for using Michael Jackson's image and likeness without permission, reports TMZ.com.
She says, "Michael would be very upset if he knew that our charity was being torn down by people who say they are doing what he wanted. Mr. Branca was a man that my son was very worried about... This lawsuit is exactly the type of awful thing that Michael said he was capable of doing."
Hours after the news broke out, Katherine denied she signed the declaration. To TMZ, her lawyer Adam Streisand, "Mrs. Jackson categorically denies signing any statement to the court that makes accusations against the executors of any wrongdoing with respect to her son or his estate. She did not and would not make any such statements about the executors."
Adam further added that Katherine has told him, "These are not my words." Meanwhile, Edgar Pease, the Heal the World Foundation lawyer who filed the declaration, told the site that Katherine's caregiver Trent Jackson has said he personally saw the "Thriller" singer's mother sign the declaration.
TMZ additionally reported that sources connected with the Estate suggested there is something suspicious about the declaration. Katherine's signature was put only in the last page without any accompanying text.
More Michael Jackson News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth