Michael Jackson's Mother Denies Signing Declaration Against Estate
Katherine Jackson is calling for Michael Jackson's estate to drop a lawsuit against one of his old charities. The pop star's mum has filed legal documents against estate executor John Branca and demanded he drop all charges against the Heal the World Foundation for using Michael Jackson's image and likeness without permission, reports TMZ.com.
She says, "Michael would be very upset if he knew that our charity was being torn down by people who say they are doing what he wanted. Mr. Branca was a man that my son was very worried about... This lawsuit is exactly the type of awful thing that Michael said he was capable of doing."
Hours after the news broke out, Katherine denied she signed the declaration. To TMZ, her lawyer Adam Streisand, "Mrs. Jackson categorically denies signing any statement to the court that makes accusations against the executors of any wrongdoing with respect to her son or his estate. She did not and would not make any such statements about the executors."
Adam further added that Katherine has told him, "These are not my words." Meanwhile, Edgar Pease, the Heal the World Foundation lawyer who filed the declaration, told the site that Katherine's caregiver Trent Jackson has said he personally saw the "Thriller" singer's mother sign the declaration.
TMZ additionally reported that sources connected with the Estate suggested there is something suspicious about the declaration. Katherine's signature was put only in the last page without any accompanying text.
More Michael Jackson News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences