Michael Jackson's Mother Denies Signing Declaration Against Estate
Katherine Jackson is calling for Michael Jackson's estate to drop a lawsuit against one of his old charities. The pop star's mum has filed legal documents against estate executor John Branca and demanded he drop all charges against the Heal the World Foundation for using Michael Jackson's image and likeness without permission, reports TMZ.com.
She says, "Michael would be very upset if he knew that our charity was being torn down by people who say they are doing what he wanted. Mr. Branca was a man that my son was very worried about... This lawsuit is exactly the type of awful thing that Michael said he was capable of doing."
Hours after the news broke out, Katherine denied she signed the declaration. To TMZ, her lawyer Adam Streisand, "Mrs. Jackson categorically denies signing any statement to the court that makes accusations against the executors of any wrongdoing with respect to her son or his estate. She did not and would not make any such statements about the executors."
Adam further added that Katherine has told him, "These are not my words." Meanwhile, Edgar Pease, the Heal the World Foundation lawyer who filed the declaration, told the site that Katherine's caregiver Trent Jackson has said he personally saw the "Thriller" singer's mother sign the declaration.
TMZ additionally reported that sources connected with the Estate suggested there is something suspicious about the declaration. Katherine's signature was put only in the last page without any accompanying text.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'