Former Bond Girl Angela Scoular Passed Away at 65
British comedian Leslie Phillips is in mourning following the death of his actress wife Angela Scoular, who passed away on Monday, April 11. Paramedics were called to the couple's west London home on Monday evening and transported Scoular to a nearby hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The former Bond girl, 65, had been suffering from bowel cancer, but her cause of death has yet to be determined and her passing is currently under investigation. A police spokesman confirms: "A postmortem will be held in due course. Her death is currently being treated as unexplained and officers from Westminster are investigating."
Scoular starred in a variety of British TV programmes, including "You Rang, M'Lord?", "The Avengers" and long-running U.K. drama "Coronation Street", but she will perhaps be best remembered for her roles in two James Bond films. She starred as Buttercup in the 1967 original "Casino Royale" and appeared as Ruby in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" in 1969.
Scoular also appeared alongside Marlon Brando and Sophia Loren in "A Countess from Hong Kong" (1967) and starred with her husband in comedy "Doctor in Trouble" in 1970. She wed Phillips, the star of the popular "Carry On" franchise, in 1982.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, April 12, a representative for Phillips, 86, says, "It is with great sadness that we must confirm Leslie Phillips' wife Angela Phillips (nee Scoular) passed away yesterday. The family have requested that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection