Gwyneth Paltrow and Jay-Z Take Turn Interviewing Each Other for Their Blogs
Gwyneth Paltrow and her pal Jay-Z have teamed up to interview each other for their separate lifestyle websites. The "Shakespeare in Love" actress, who is friends with the hip-hop superstar and his wife Beyonce Knowles, writes for her own website Goop.com, sharing cooking tips and lifestyle advice.
Jay-Z started his own online blog on April 11, called LifeandTimes.com, which features articles on fashion, art and music. To mark the launch of the new site, Paltrow asked the rapper if she could interview him for a piece on Goop and he jumped at the chance to hold a friendly chat - but only if she returned the favor.
In the Goop interview, Paltrow reveals she has spent time in art galleries and restaurants with the rapper and in one candid question she asks, "You are the coolest man on Earth, how the f (f**k) did you get like that?" To which he replied, "I'm around great women, starting with my mom. Women keep men cool. The hotter the chick the cooler the guy... that sounds like a really bad rap line!"
Jay-Z also reveals why he set up his own website: "I started working on it in its various incarnations over a year ago. I've thought about it forever. You know how it works, seeing other sites and being either inspired or saying, 'That's s**t. I would do it like'..."
In return, the "99 Problems" hitmaker interviewed Paltrow for LifeandTimes, revealing, "Oscar-winning actress and my sister Gwyneth Paltrow emailed me and said, 'I love your new site. Can I ask you five questions about it?' I said, 'I'll show you mine if you let me see yours.' "
Paltrow then discussed her love for hip-hop music and coyly suggests she may consider releasing her own album in the future: "Would I ever make a solo album? Should I? Never say never."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences