Melanie Brown Tweets to Family After Losing Contact
Former Spice Girls star Melanie Brown has reached out to her family on Twitter after two years of not speaking because of an alleged feud over her husband Stephen Belafonte. Brown, who lives in Los Angeles, wed Belafonte in 2007 and lost contact with her loved ones in her native U.K. because of the relationship.
"I'm so sick of pretending everything's okay," her sister Danielle recently revealed. "Mel hasn't spoken to any of our family or friends in the U.K. for over two years. Our family had concerns about her husband Stephen. Ever since we expressed those concerns, we've not heard anything from her. I follow her on Twitter to make sure she's okay."
But Brown sent a message to her sibling on the microblogging site on Sunday, April 10, and a reconciliation appears to be nearing. In a post on her page, the singer-turned-TV star writes, "Hi sis weird press saying we don't talk, when we spoke a few weeks ago..."
"OMG [oh my God] a tweet that is nice but a call would be nicer, I dont have your number LOVE YOU [call mum and dad too]," Danielle replied. Brown then posted, "So sorry I just texted you and everyone my number, would love to see you if you have time, so proud of you!"
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army