Melanie Brown Tweets to Family After Losing Contact
Former Spice Girls star Melanie Brown has reached out to her family on Twitter after two years of not speaking because of an alleged feud over her husband Stephen Belafonte. Brown, who lives in Los Angeles, wed Belafonte in 2007 and lost contact with her loved ones in her native U.K. because of the relationship.
"I'm so sick of pretending everything's okay," her sister Danielle recently revealed. "Mel hasn't spoken to any of our family or friends in the U.K. for over two years. Our family had concerns about her husband Stephen. Ever since we expressed those concerns, we've not heard anything from her. I follow her on Twitter to make sure she's okay."
But Brown sent a message to her sibling on the microblogging site on Sunday, April 10, and a reconciliation appears to be nearing. In a post on her page, the singer-turned-TV star writes, "Hi sis weird press saying we don't talk, when we spoke a few weeks ago..."
"OMG [oh my God] a tweet that is nice but a call would be nicer, I dont have your number LOVE YOU [call mum and dad too]," Danielle replied. Brown then posted, "So sorry I just texted you and everyone my number, would love to see you if you have time, so proud of you!"
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?