Melanie Brown Tweets to Family After Losing Contact
Former Spice Girls star Melanie Brown has reached out to her family on Twitter after two years of not speaking because of an alleged feud over her husband Stephen Belafonte. Brown, who lives in Los Angeles, wed Belafonte in 2007 and lost contact with her loved ones in her native U.K. because of the relationship.
"I'm so sick of pretending everything's okay," her sister Danielle recently revealed. "Mel hasn't spoken to any of our family or friends in the U.K. for over two years. Our family had concerns about her husband Stephen. Ever since we expressed those concerns, we've not heard anything from her. I follow her on Twitter to make sure she's okay."
But Brown sent a message to her sibling on the microblogging site on Sunday, April 10, and a reconciliation appears to be nearing. In a post on her page, the singer-turned-TV star writes, "Hi sis weird press saying we don't talk, when we spoke a few weeks ago..."
"OMG [oh my God] a tweet that is nice but a call would be nicer, I dont have your number LOVE YOU [call mum and dad too]," Danielle replied. Brown then posted, "So sorry I just texted you and everyone my number, would love to see you if you have time, so proud of you!"
More Melanie Brown News
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'