Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Album Chart
Soul sensation Adele is continuing to make history atop the U.K. albums chart after "21st Century Breakdown" racked up its 11th week at number one. The singer has been dominating the countdown with her sophomore release and has already gone down in record books as the first act to land 10 weeks atop the British chart since Dire Straits in 1986.
She added another title to her name on Sunday, April 10 as the record held strong for another seven days - 21 has now scored the most consecutive weeks at number one for a solo artist's studio album in U.K. history. Newcomer Katy B debuted "On a Mission" at two, while Adele had another entry at three with her first release, "19".
Meanwhile, Jennifer Lopez's collaboration with rapper Pitbull, "On the Floor", remained in first place on the singles chart and cult rap act LMFAO took the number two spot with "Party Rock". Adele's "Someone Like You" slips down to three.
More Adele News
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign