Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Album Chart
Soul sensation Adele is continuing to make history atop the U.K. albums chart after "21st Century Breakdown" racked up its 11th week at number one. The singer has been dominating the countdown with her sophomore release and has already gone down in record books as the first act to land 10 weeks atop the British chart since Dire Straits in 1986.
She added another title to her name on Sunday, April 10 as the record held strong for another seven days - 21 has now scored the most consecutive weeks at number one for a solo artist's studio album in U.K. history. Newcomer Katy B debuted "On a Mission" at two, while Adele had another entry at three with her first release, "19".
Meanwhile, Jennifer Lopez's collaboration with rapper Pitbull, "On the Floor", remained in first place on the singles chart and cult rap act LMFAO took the number two spot with "Party Rock". Adele's "Someone Like You" slips down to three.
More Adele News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters