Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Album Chart
Soul sensation Adele is continuing to make history atop the U.K. albums chart after "21st Century Breakdown" racked up its 11th week at number one. The singer has been dominating the countdown with her sophomore release and has already gone down in record books as the first act to land 10 weeks atop the British chart since Dire Straits in 1986.
She added another title to her name on Sunday, April 10 as the record held strong for another seven days - 21 has now scored the most consecutive weeks at number one for a solo artist's studio album in U.K. history. Newcomer Katy B debuted "On a Mission" at two, while Adele had another entry at three with her first release, "19".
Meanwhile, Jennifer Lopez's collaboration with rapper Pitbull, "On the Floor", remained in first place on the singles chart and cult rap act LMFAO took the number two spot with "Party Rock". Adele's "Someone Like You" slips down to three.
More Adele News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences