Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Album Chart
Soul sensation Adele is continuing to make history atop the U.K. albums chart after "21st Century Breakdown" racked up its 11th week at number one. The singer has been dominating the countdown with her sophomore release and has already gone down in record books as the first act to land 10 weeks atop the British chart since Dire Straits in 1986.
She added another title to her name on Sunday, April 10 as the record held strong for another seven days - 21 has now scored the most consecutive weeks at number one for a solo artist's studio album in U.K. history. Newcomer Katy B debuted "On a Mission" at two, while Adele had another entry at three with her first release, "19".
Meanwhile, Jennifer Lopez's collaboration with rapper Pitbull, "On the Floor", remained in first place on the singles chart and cult rap act LMFAO took the number two spot with "Party Rock". Adele's "Someone Like You" slips down to three.
More Adele News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season