Ozzy Osbourne and Wife Slapped With $1.7M Tax Debt
Rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon Osbourne are facing a massive tax bill in the U.S. over allegations they owe more than $1.7 million. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) bosses filed a lien against the stars with the Los Angles County Recorder's Office on April 11.
The papers, obtained by TMZ.com, state the couple owes $718,948 for the 2008 tax year, and $1,024,175 for 2009 - totaling $1,743,123. The website also reports the couple's daughter Kelly Osbourne was hit with a tax lien on March 11 for $34,000.
It is reported that the couple are now at risk of losing one of their homes. American legal expert, Peter Haven, told Sunday Mirror, "It's relatively rare for someone to owe the IRS this amount of money. If the Osbournes are not able to work out a means of paying the debt in other ways, the IRS will foreclose upon (one of their U.S. homes) and they will lose it."
Sharon Osbourne faced tax issues in 2009 over allegations she owed $23,000 to the State of California for payments dating back to 2007. Last Saturday, April 9, she took to Twitter and wrote, "You can't rely on anyone but yourself. You have to be on top of your own business affairs. My fault... lesson learned."
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip