Ozzy Osbourne and Wife Slapped With $1.7M Tax Debt
Rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon Osbourne are facing a massive tax bill in the U.S. over allegations they owe more than $1.7 million. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) bosses filed a lien against the stars with the Los Angles County Recorder's Office on April 11.
The papers, obtained by TMZ.com, state the couple owes $718,948 for the 2008 tax year, and $1,024,175 for 2009 - totaling $1,743,123. The website also reports the couple's daughter Kelly Osbourne was hit with a tax lien on March 11 for $34,000.
It is reported that the couple are now at risk of losing one of their homes. American legal expert, Peter Haven, told Sunday Mirror, "It's relatively rare for someone to owe the IRS this amount of money. If the Osbournes are not able to work out a means of paying the debt in other ways, the IRS will foreclose upon (one of their U.S. homes) and they will lose it."
Sharon Osbourne faced tax issues in 2009 over allegations she owed $23,000 to the State of California for payments dating back to 2007. Last Saturday, April 9, she took to Twitter and wrote, "You can't rely on anyone but yourself. You have to be on top of your own business affairs. My fault... lesson learned."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift