Kristin Chenoweth Honored at GLAAD Media Awards
Actress Kristin Chenoweth was honored with a top award from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) on Friday night, April 8. The "Glee" star was handed the Vanguard Award for "increasing understanding" of the rights of homosexuals.
During the ceremony, she opened up about her Christian upbringing in Oklahoma and how it inspired her to make gay rights awareness one of her "purposes in this life". She says, "I never set out to be this girl, but I am. Saying I'm a Christian and also a gay-rights advocate is one of my purposes in this life. It's a very big dichotomy, but that is exactly what I believe."
"People had to hide who they were. I don't think God wants us to do that. But I realize that not everybody believes like me. Christians, even if they disagree with a certain lifestyle, would be remiss not to look at what this is about: human rights. I don't judge them, but I don't want to be judged for what I believe."
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway