Kristin Chenoweth Honored at GLAAD Media Awards
Actress Kristin Chenoweth was honored with a top award from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) on Friday night, April 8. The "Glee" star was handed the Vanguard Award for "increasing understanding" of the rights of homosexuals.
During the ceremony, she opened up about her Christian upbringing in Oklahoma and how it inspired her to make gay rights awareness one of her "purposes in this life". She says, "I never set out to be this girl, but I am. Saying I'm a Christian and also a gay-rights advocate is one of my purposes in this life. It's a very big dichotomy, but that is exactly what I believe."
"People had to hide who they were. I don't think God wants us to do that. But I realize that not everybody believes like me. Christians, even if they disagree with a certain lifestyle, would be remiss not to look at what this is about: human rights. I don't judge them, but I don't want to be judged for what I believe."
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?