Kristin Chenoweth Honored at GLAAD Media Awards
Actress Kristin Chenoweth was honored with a top award from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) on Friday night, April 8. The "Glee" star was handed the Vanguard Award for "increasing understanding" of the rights of homosexuals.
During the ceremony, she opened up about her Christian upbringing in Oklahoma and how it inspired her to make gay rights awareness one of her "purposes in this life". She says, "I never set out to be this girl, but I am. Saying I'm a Christian and also a gay-rights advocate is one of my purposes in this life. It's a very big dichotomy, but that is exactly what I believe."
"People had to hide who they were. I don't think God wants us to do that. But I realize that not everybody believes like me. Christians, even if they disagree with a certain lifestyle, would be remiss not to look at what this is about: human rights. I don't judge them, but I don't want to be judged for what I believe."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story