Kristin Chenoweth Honored at GLAAD Media Awards
Actress Kristin Chenoweth was honored with a top award from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) on Friday night, April 8. The "Glee" star was handed the Vanguard Award for "increasing understanding" of the rights of homosexuals.
During the ceremony, she opened up about her Christian upbringing in Oklahoma and how it inspired her to make gay rights awareness one of her "purposes in this life". She says, "I never set out to be this girl, but I am. Saying I'm a Christian and also a gay-rights advocate is one of my purposes in this life. It's a very big dichotomy, but that is exactly what I believe."
"People had to hide who they were. I don't think God wants us to do that. But I realize that not everybody believes like me. Christians, even if they disagree with a certain lifestyle, would be remiss not to look at what this is about: human rights. I don't judge them, but I don't want to be judged for what I believe."
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!