Kristin Chenoweth Honored at GLAAD Media Awards
Actress Kristin Chenoweth was honored with a top award from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) on Friday night, April 8. The "Glee" star was handed the Vanguard Award for "increasing understanding" of the rights of homosexuals.
During the ceremony, she opened up about her Christian upbringing in Oklahoma and how it inspired her to make gay rights awareness one of her "purposes in this life". She says, "I never set out to be this girl, but I am. Saying I'm a Christian and also a gay-rights advocate is one of my purposes in this life. It's a very big dichotomy, but that is exactly what I believe."
"People had to hide who they were. I don't think God wants us to do that. But I realize that not everybody believes like me. Christians, even if they disagree with a certain lifestyle, would be remiss not to look at what this is about: human rights. I don't judge them, but I don't want to be judged for what I believe."
More Kristin Chenoweth News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?