Kevin Connolly to Invest in New York Mets
"Entourage" star Kevin Connolly is looking to join the elite group of celebrity sports club owners by investing in the New York Mets baseball team. Mets owner Fred Wilpon is currently looking at eight investment deals to boost the club's finances and Connolly reveals he and his associates are among those who have made an offer.
"That'd be nice, wouldn't it?" he tells TMZ. "I'm involved with a group of guys that are trying to do it." And the actor is confident he will be able to turn around the team's fortunes if his group's shareholder bid is successful, adding, "I'm not trying to lose!"
The Mets were battered 11-0 by the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday, April 7.
Connolly isn't the only star hoping to cash in on his favorite team, Jay-Z is part-owner of the New Jersey Nets basketball side, while Jennifer Lopez and pop star Stacy Ferguson are both investors in the Miami Dolphins football team.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'