Kevin Connolly to Invest in New York Mets
"Entourage" star Kevin Connolly is looking to join the elite group of celebrity sports club owners by investing in the New York Mets baseball team. Mets owner Fred Wilpon is currently looking at eight investment deals to boost the club's finances and Connolly reveals he and his associates are among those who have made an offer.
"That'd be nice, wouldn't it?" he tells TMZ. "I'm involved with a group of guys that are trying to do it." And the actor is confident he will be able to turn around the team's fortunes if his group's shareholder bid is successful, adding, "I'm not trying to lose!"
The Mets were battered 11-0 by the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday, April 7.
Connolly isn't the only star hoping to cash in on his favorite team, Jay-Z is part-owner of the New Jersey Nets basketball side, while Jennifer Lopez and pop star Stacy Ferguson are both investors in the Miami Dolphins football team.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower