Kevin Connolly to Invest in New York Mets
"Entourage" star Kevin Connolly is looking to join the elite group of celebrity sports club owners by investing in the New York Mets baseball team. Mets owner Fred Wilpon is currently looking at eight investment deals to boost the club's finances and Connolly reveals he and his associates are among those who have made an offer.
"That'd be nice, wouldn't it?" he tells TMZ. "I'm involved with a group of guys that are trying to do it." And the actor is confident he will be able to turn around the team's fortunes if his group's shareholder bid is successful, adding, "I'm not trying to lose!"
The Mets were battered 11-0 by the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday, April 7.
Connolly isn't the only star hoping to cash in on his favorite team, Jay-Z is part-owner of the New Jersey Nets basketball side, while Jennifer Lopez and pop star Stacy Ferguson are both investors in the Miami Dolphins football team.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group