Kevin Connolly to Invest in New York Mets
"Entourage" star Kevin Connolly is looking to join the elite group of celebrity sports club owners by investing in the New York Mets baseball team. Mets owner Fred Wilpon is currently looking at eight investment deals to boost the club's finances and Connolly reveals he and his associates are among those who have made an offer.
"That'd be nice, wouldn't it?" he tells TMZ. "I'm involved with a group of guys that are trying to do it." And the actor is confident he will be able to turn around the team's fortunes if his group's shareholder bid is successful, adding, "I'm not trying to lose!"
The Mets were battered 11-0 by the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday, April 7.
Connolly isn't the only star hoping to cash in on his favorite team, Jay-Z is part-owner of the New Jersey Nets basketball side, while Jennifer Lopez and pop star Stacy Ferguson are both investors in the Miami Dolphins football team.
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'