Kevin Connolly to Invest in New York Mets
"Entourage" star Kevin Connolly is looking to join the elite group of celebrity sports club owners by investing in the New York Mets baseball team. Mets owner Fred Wilpon is currently looking at eight investment deals to boost the club's finances and Connolly reveals he and his associates are among those who have made an offer.
"That'd be nice, wouldn't it?" he tells TMZ. "I'm involved with a group of guys that are trying to do it." And the actor is confident he will be able to turn around the team's fortunes if his group's shareholder bid is successful, adding, "I'm not trying to lose!"
The Mets were battered 11-0 by the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday, April 7.
Connolly isn't the only star hoping to cash in on his favorite team, Jay-Z is part-owner of the New Jersey Nets basketball side, while Jennifer Lopez and pop star Stacy Ferguson are both investors in the Miami Dolphins football team.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie