Eva Longoria Sheds Tears in First Interview About Divorce
Eva Longoria broke down in tears on TV as she spoke about the humiliation she felt following the breakdown of her marriage to Tony Parker, because the couple had always promised one another divorce was "not an option".
The "Desperate Housewives" star ended her three-year marriage to basketball player Parker in November 2010 amid allegations of his infidelity. Their divorce was made official in January and she admits it was difficult to read about her relationship woes in the tabloids."
During an interview with Piers Morgan, the British host asks if she felt humiliated by the split and she replies, "A bit. Mostly because it had to play out so publicly... It was devastating to go through on its own, much less publicly..."
"Marriage in my family is really a sacred sacrament. It wasn't something we did frivolously. And our mantra was: Divorce is not an option. We always would kid about that: 'I'll kill him before I divorce him!' I guess the relationship ran its course..."
"It was heartbreaking. It's the first time I'm talking about it so I'm sorry [for crying]!... It was disappointing because I had such an identity in being Mrs. Parker and being a wife. When that's taken away from you, you go, 'Who am I?' "
But Longoria, who is now rumored to be dating Penelope Cruz's brother, Eduardo Cruz, insists she has no regrets about her time with Parker. She explains, "So many people want me to hate him, want me to destroy him. But I don't, I wish nothing but the best for him."
"A really good friend of mine said, 'Hold onto the love and not the loss.' There was a reason why we got married, there was a reason why we fell in love, there was a reason why we were together seven years. I just choose to hold onto that."
More Eva Longoria News
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!