Jane Lynch Reveals She's Deaf in One Ear
Actress Jane Lynch realized she was deaf in one ear when she was just seven years old. Lynch, who has been hard of hearing in her right ear since she was a child, reveals she first became aware of the problem when she was playing with her brother.
She tells the National Enquirer, "My brother was switching ears with his transistor radio and I said, 'You can't do that. You can only hear out of one ear.' And he was like, 'No. I hear out of both!' I said, 'Mom, I only hear out of one ear! And we went to the doctor. It's nerve deafness, probably from a very high fever when I was a baby."
But Lynch certainly hasn't let a hearing disability affect her acting career - she currently stars on the award-winning hit American TV show "Glee". She adds, "I shoot the sound into my one good ear. If I think about it, I can straighten it out, but a hearing aid wouldn't even help (that ear). It's stone-cold deaf."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video