Jane Lynch Reveals She's Deaf in One Ear
Actress Jane Lynch realized she was deaf in one ear when she was just seven years old. Lynch, who has been hard of hearing in her right ear since she was a child, reveals she first became aware of the problem when she was playing with her brother.
She tells the National Enquirer, "My brother was switching ears with his transistor radio and I said, 'You can't do that. You can only hear out of one ear.' And he was like, 'No. I hear out of both!' I said, 'Mom, I only hear out of one ear! And we went to the doctor. It's nerve deafness, probably from a very high fever when I was a baby."
But Lynch certainly hasn't let a hearing disability affect her acting career - she currently stars on the award-winning hit American TV show "Glee". She adds, "I shoot the sound into my one good ear. If I think about it, I can straighten it out, but a hearing aid wouldn't even help (that ear). It's stone-cold deaf."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'