Jane Lynch Reveals She's Deaf in One Ear
Actress Jane Lynch realized she was deaf in one ear when she was just seven years old. Lynch, who has been hard of hearing in her right ear since she was a child, reveals she first became aware of the problem when she was playing with her brother.
She tells the National Enquirer, "My brother was switching ears with his transistor radio and I said, 'You can't do that. You can only hear out of one ear.' And he was like, 'No. I hear out of both!' I said, 'Mom, I only hear out of one ear! And we went to the doctor. It's nerve deafness, probably from a very high fever when I was a baby."
But Lynch certainly hasn't let a hearing disability affect her acting career - she currently stars on the award-winning hit American TV show "Glee". She adds, "I shoot the sound into my one good ear. If I think about it, I can straighten it out, but a hearing aid wouldn't even help (that ear). It's stone-cold deaf."
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!