Jane Lynch Reveals She's Deaf in One Ear
Actress Jane Lynch realized she was deaf in one ear when she was just seven years old. Lynch, who has been hard of hearing in her right ear since she was a child, reveals she first became aware of the problem when she was playing with her brother.
She tells the National Enquirer, "My brother was switching ears with his transistor radio and I said, 'You can't do that. You can only hear out of one ear.' And he was like, 'No. I hear out of both!' I said, 'Mom, I only hear out of one ear! And we went to the doctor. It's nerve deafness, probably from a very high fever when I was a baby."
But Lynch certainly hasn't let a hearing disability affect her acting career - she currently stars on the award-winning hit American TV show "Glee". She adds, "I shoot the sound into my one good ear. If I think about it, I can straighten it out, but a hearing aid wouldn't even help (that ear). It's stone-cold deaf."
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party