Rihanna Forgives Her Abusive Father
R&B star Rihanna has forgiven her father for his abusive, drunken ways - because she understands he came from a terrible background. The "Umbrella" singer and her dad Ronald Fenty have a fractured relationship because she still remembers walking in on him smoking crack and all the abusive incidents between her parents when he would come home drunk.
But the Bajan beauty would still do anything for her father - because she accepts he's just a product of his own violent upbringing. She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I actually feel really bad for my father. He was abused too - he got beat up by his step-dad when he was young."
"He has resentment toward women, because he felt like his mum never protected him, and unfortunately, my mother was the victim of that. I'm not giving him excuses. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I still blame him. But I understand the source."
In the interview, Rihanna, who was badly beaten by then-boyfriend Chris Brown in 2009, recalls one savage attack at the hands of her father: "He slapped me so hard (and) I ran home with his hand print on me... This was out of nowhere."
More Rihanna News
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors