'Miral' Actor Juliano Mer-Khamis Laid to Rest
Hundreds of mourners gathered on Wednesday, April 6, to bid farewell to "Miral" actor Juliano Mer-Khamis after he was shot dead by a masked gunman. The Arab-Israeli star, a peace activist in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, was buried next to his mother, Arna, in the Ramot Menashe cemetery in Israel. The 52-year-old was gunned down in the city of Jenin on Monday, April 4.
His funeral procession passed by the Jalameh crossing between Israel and the Northern West Bank before an emotional ceremony during which Israeli film director Udi Aloni paid tribute to Mer-Khamis in an emotional eulogy.
Fighting back tears, Aloni said, "I tried to write, but it was just a thousand words and tears all mixed together. So I'll just speak from my heart... People said you were Israeli in Palestine and a Palestinian in Israel. This is not true, you were a Palestinian in Palestine, you were a Jew in Israel and most of all you were a human in every part of the world."
A former member of the Palestinian armed group, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, has reportedly been arrested in connection with the murder.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie