'Miral' Actor Juliano Mer-Khamis Laid to Rest
Hundreds of mourners gathered on Wednesday, April 6, to bid farewell to "Miral" actor Juliano Mer-Khamis after he was shot dead by a masked gunman. The Arab-Israeli star, a peace activist in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, was buried next to his mother, Arna, in the Ramot Menashe cemetery in Israel. The 52-year-old was gunned down in the city of Jenin on Monday, April 4.
His funeral procession passed by the Jalameh crossing between Israel and the Northern West Bank before an emotional ceremony during which Israeli film director Udi Aloni paid tribute to Mer-Khamis in an emotional eulogy.
Fighting back tears, Aloni said, "I tried to write, but it was just a thousand words and tears all mixed together. So I'll just speak from my heart... People said you were Israeli in Palestine and a Palestinian in Israel. This is not true, you were a Palestinian in Palestine, you were a Jew in Israel and most of all you were a human in every part of the world."
A former member of the Palestinian armed group, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, has reportedly been arrested in connection with the murder.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival