Video: Jared Leto Channels Kurt Cobain and Plays Nirvana's Songs
30 Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto has filmed an eerie tribute to his musical hero Kurt Cobain to mark the 17th anniversary of the late Nirvana star's death. The rocker/actor has posted a video online of him performing Nirvana's "Pennyroyal Tea" and "Rape Me", dressed like Cobain.
Leto has also posted a tribute on his blog, explaining the bizarre video. He writes, "I heard today (April 5) was the day Kurt passed away 17 years ago. Can't believe it's been that long. So grateful for his contribution and inspiration. Not sure I'd be doing this if it weren't for him."
"I shot a short piece of film when I heard they were making a film celebrating his life. I made it to explore the character and explore creative possibilities. I never sent it to the studio or to anyone but thought I'd share it now."
Meanwhile, Cobain fans gathered at the tragic rocker's favorite park in his native Aberdeen, Washington on Tuesday (05Apr11) where a guitar statue was unveiled the honor the town's most famous son.
More Jared Leto News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'