Video: Jared Leto Channels Kurt Cobain and Plays Nirvana's Songs
30 Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto has filmed an eerie tribute to his musical hero Kurt Cobain to mark the 17th anniversary of the late Nirvana star's death. The rocker/actor has posted a video online of him performing Nirvana's "Pennyroyal Tea" and "Rape Me", dressed like Cobain.
Leto has also posted a tribute on his blog, explaining the bizarre video. He writes, "I heard today (April 5) was the day Kurt passed away 17 years ago. Can't believe it's been that long. So grateful for his contribution and inspiration. Not sure I'd be doing this if it weren't for him."
"I shot a short piece of film when I heard they were making a film celebrating his life. I made it to explore the character and explore creative possibilities. I never sent it to the studio or to anyone but thought I'd share it now."
Meanwhile, Cobain fans gathered at the tragic rocker's favorite park in his native Aberdeen, Washington on Tuesday (05Apr11) where a guitar statue was unveiled the honor the town's most famous son.
More Jared Leto News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio