Video: Jared Leto Channels Kurt Cobain and Plays Nirvana's Songs
30 Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto has filmed an eerie tribute to his musical hero Kurt Cobain to mark the 17th anniversary of the late Nirvana star's death. The rocker/actor has posted a video online of him performing Nirvana's "Pennyroyal Tea" and "Rape Me", dressed like Cobain.
Leto has also posted a tribute on his blog, explaining the bizarre video. He writes, "I heard today (April 5) was the day Kurt passed away 17 years ago. Can't believe it's been that long. So grateful for his contribution and inspiration. Not sure I'd be doing this if it weren't for him."
"I shot a short piece of film when I heard they were making a film celebrating his life. I made it to explore the character and explore creative possibilities. I never sent it to the studio or to anyone but thought I'd share it now."
Meanwhile, Cobain fans gathered at the tragic rocker's favorite park in his native Aberdeen, Washington on Tuesday (05Apr11) where a guitar statue was unveiled the honor the town's most famous son.
More Jared Leto News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent