Video: Jared Leto Channels Kurt Cobain and Plays Nirvana's Songs
30 Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto has filmed an eerie tribute to his musical hero Kurt Cobain to mark the 17th anniversary of the late Nirvana star's death. The rocker/actor has posted a video online of him performing Nirvana's "Pennyroyal Tea" and "Rape Me", dressed like Cobain.
Leto has also posted a tribute on his blog, explaining the bizarre video. He writes, "I heard today (April 5) was the day Kurt passed away 17 years ago. Can't believe it's been that long. So grateful for his contribution and inspiration. Not sure I'd be doing this if it weren't for him."
"I shot a short piece of film when I heard they were making a film celebrating his life. I made it to explore the character and explore creative possibilities. I never sent it to the studio or to anyone but thought I'd share it now."
Meanwhile, Cobain fans gathered at the tragic rocker's favorite park in his native Aberdeen, Washington on Tuesday (05Apr11) where a guitar statue was unveiled the honor the town's most famous son.
More Jared Leto News
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker