Drake's Concerts at Sherman Theater Are Fake
Rapper Drake has been caught up in a concert scam in Pennsylvania. Two Stroudsburg shows he was billed to headline have been scrapped after authorities discovered they were set up by a con man who booked the hitmaker without permission.
TMZ.com reports the rapper's aides alerted local officials after the two May dates at the Sherman Theater were brought to their attention. The booking was fraudulently made by a con artist claiming to be Drake's manager. Theatre bosses have refunded fans who bought tickets for the bogus shows.
One of Young Money's rappers, Drake is currently working on his second major-label album to follow up his well-received debut album "Thank Me Later". He released it in June 2010 and peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200.
More Drake News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son