Chely Wright Engaged to Wed Gay Rights Activist Lauren Blitzer
Gay country star Chely Wright is to wed. The "Single White Female" singer, who 'came out' as a lesbian last year while promoting her memoirs "Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer", is engaged to gay rights activist Lauren Blitzer.
A publicist for the country star has confirmed the couple plans to wed in Connecticut in August. A source tells People magazine, "They met through their youth advocacy work and say that their passion for Scrabble holds them together."
Chely Wright confirmed she's a lesbian last year. "There had never, ever been a country music artist who had acknowledged his or her homosexuality. I wasn't going to be the first," she said back then. "Nothing in my life has been more magical than the moment I decided to come out."
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala