Chely Wright Engaged to Wed Gay Rights Activist Lauren Blitzer
Gay country star Chely Wright is to wed. The "Single White Female" singer, who 'came out' as a lesbian last year while promoting her memoirs "Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer", is engaged to gay rights activist Lauren Blitzer.
A publicist for the country star has confirmed the couple plans to wed in Connecticut in August. A source tells People magazine, "They met through their youth advocacy work and say that their passion for Scrabble holds them together."
Chely Wright confirmed she's a lesbian last year. "There had never, ever been a country music artist who had acknowledged his or her homosexuality. I wasn't going to be the first," she said back then. "Nothing in my life has been more magical than the moment I decided to come out."
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing