Chely Wright Engaged to Wed Gay Rights Activist Lauren Blitzer
Gay country star Chely Wright is to wed. The "Single White Female" singer, who 'came out' as a lesbian last year while promoting her memoirs "Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer", is engaged to gay rights activist Lauren Blitzer.
A publicist for the country star has confirmed the couple plans to wed in Connecticut in August. A source tells People magazine, "They met through their youth advocacy work and say that their passion for Scrabble holds them together."
Chely Wright confirmed she's a lesbian last year. "There had never, ever been a country music artist who had acknowledged his or her homosexuality. I wasn't going to be the first," she said back then. "Nothing in my life has been more magical than the moment I decided to come out."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart