Chely Wright Engaged to Wed Gay Rights Activist Lauren Blitzer
Gay country star Chely Wright is to wed. The "Single White Female" singer, who 'came out' as a lesbian last year while promoting her memoirs "Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer", is engaged to gay rights activist Lauren Blitzer.
A publicist for the country star has confirmed the couple plans to wed in Connecticut in August. A source tells People magazine, "They met through their youth advocacy work and say that their passion for Scrabble holds them together."
Chely Wright confirmed she's a lesbian last year. "There had never, ever been a country music artist who had acknowledged his or her homosexuality. I wasn't going to be the first," she said back then. "Nothing in my life has been more magical than the moment I decided to come out."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media