Chely Wright Engaged to Wed Gay Rights Activist Lauren Blitzer
Gay country star Chely Wright is to wed. The "Single White Female" singer, who 'came out' as a lesbian last year while promoting her memoirs "Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer", is engaged to gay rights activist Lauren Blitzer.
A publicist for the country star has confirmed the couple plans to wed in Connecticut in August. A source tells People magazine, "They met through their youth advocacy work and say that their passion for Scrabble holds them together."
Chely Wright confirmed she's a lesbian last year. "There had never, ever been a country music artist who had acknowledged his or her homosexuality. I wasn't going to be the first," she said back then. "Nothing in my life has been more magical than the moment I decided to come out."
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'