Natalie Portman: I'm Too Old to Smoke Weed
Pregnant Natalie Portman is keen to distance herself from reports she likes smoking marijuana, insisting she loves stoner comedies, but no longer gets high. The Oscar winner stars in new pot comedy "Your Highness" opposite James Franco and Danny McBride, but she doesn't want fans to think she's a stoner.
She tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "I love stoner comedies. I smoked weed in college, but I haven't smoked in years. I'm too old. I wish I was that cool, but I'm like an old lady now. I'm in bed by 10 P.M. I can't do that anymore."
Portman plays a female warrior in the comedy, which is released in the U.S. this weekend on April 8. Talking about her role, she said, "When I sat down with [director] David [Gordon Green], he was like, 'The girl's going to be funny here.' To have him be able to think of me in that way was so lucky, because [the role] is a real departure from anything I've done on film."
More Natalie Portman News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour