Natalie Portman: I'm Too Old to Smoke Weed
Pregnant Natalie Portman is keen to distance herself from reports she likes smoking marijuana, insisting she loves stoner comedies, but no longer gets high. The Oscar winner stars in new pot comedy "Your Highness" opposite James Franco and Danny McBride, but she doesn't want fans to think she's a stoner.
She tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "I love stoner comedies. I smoked weed in college, but I haven't smoked in years. I'm too old. I wish I was that cool, but I'm like an old lady now. I'm in bed by 10 P.M. I can't do that anymore."
Portman plays a female warrior in the comedy, which is released in the U.S. this weekend on April 8. Talking about her role, she said, "When I sat down with [director] David [Gordon Green], he was like, 'The girl's going to be funny here.' To have him be able to think of me in that way was so lucky, because [the role] is a real departure from anything I've done on film."
More Natalie Portman News
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World