Natalie Portman: I'm Too Old to Smoke Weed
Pregnant Natalie Portman is keen to distance herself from reports she likes smoking marijuana, insisting she loves stoner comedies, but no longer gets high. The Oscar winner stars in new pot comedy "Your Highness" opposite James Franco and Danny McBride, but she doesn't want fans to think she's a stoner.
She tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "I love stoner comedies. I smoked weed in college, but I haven't smoked in years. I'm too old. I wish I was that cool, but I'm like an old lady now. I'm in bed by 10 P.M. I can't do that anymore."
Portman plays a female warrior in the comedy, which is released in the U.S. this weekend on April 8. Talking about her role, she said, "When I sat down with [director] David [Gordon Green], he was like, 'The girl's going to be funny here.' To have him be able to think of me in that way was so lucky, because [the role] is a real departure from anything I've done on film."
More Natalie Portman News
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!