Andy Serkis to Be Second Unit Director on 'The Hobbit'
British actor Andy Serkis has been handed a huge honor on the set of the "Lord of the Rings" prequel, "The Hobbit", in New Zealand - moviemaker Peter Jackson has made him his second unit director.
The star, who shot to fame as Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and will reprise the role in "The Hobbit", will oversee select location work on Jackson's two upcoming films. Serkis tells The Hollywood Reporter that Jackson hired him because he understood the material and the director's vision. Serkis says, "There was this email out of the blue. It was a fantastic surprise."
The new role is sure to give the actor's directing career a big boost - he hopes to take charge of his first feature film after wrapping work on "The Hobbit" films.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby