Andy Serkis to Be Second Unit Director on 'The Hobbit'
British actor Andy Serkis has been handed a huge honor on the set of the "Lord of the Rings" prequel, "The Hobbit", in New Zealand - moviemaker Peter Jackson has made him his second unit director.
The star, who shot to fame as Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and will reprise the role in "The Hobbit", will oversee select location work on Jackson's two upcoming films. Serkis tells The Hollywood Reporter that Jackson hired him because he understood the material and the director's vision. Serkis says, "There was this email out of the blue. It was a fantastic surprise."
The new role is sure to give the actor's directing career a big boost - he hopes to take charge of his first feature film after wrapping work on "The Hobbit" films.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'