Deryck Whibley Feels Happier Post-Divorce From Avril Lavigne
Rocker Deryck Whibley is determined to remain positive following his divorce from Avril Lavigne, insisting the split was "good" for him and he's "happier than ever". The Sum 41 frontman and pop punk Lavigne ended their three-year marriage in 2009 and officially divorced on November 2010.
Whibley admits the break-up was hard for him to deal with at the time, but now he's over his heartache, he's adamant it's made him a happier man. He tells Kerrang! magazine, "It was a very painful experience. I don't really want to get into it, but what I'll say about it is that, at the end of the day, it was good (for me). Tough things are good to go through because they make you who you are."
"What I realized from going through that experience is that people travel along at a certain level of happiness. Then you go down to a low that you never knew existed. But when you come back up, your happiness levels go higher than ever before. You realize it's made you happier than ever before. The pain raises the bar of happiness further down the line, at least with me anyway. (The divorce) was tough, but it's not tough anymore."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune