Deryck Whibley Feels Happier Post-Divorce From Avril Lavigne
Rocker Deryck Whibley is determined to remain positive following his divorce from Avril Lavigne, insisting the split was "good" for him and he's "happier than ever". The Sum 41 frontman and pop punk Lavigne ended their three-year marriage in 2009 and officially divorced on November 2010.
Whibley admits the break-up was hard for him to deal with at the time, but now he's over his heartache, he's adamant it's made him a happier man. He tells Kerrang! magazine, "It was a very painful experience. I don't really want to get into it, but what I'll say about it is that, at the end of the day, it was good (for me). Tough things are good to go through because they make you who you are."
"What I realized from going through that experience is that people travel along at a certain level of happiness. Then you go down to a low that you never knew existed. But when you come back up, your happiness levels go higher than ever before. You realize it's made you happier than ever before. The pain raises the bar of happiness further down the line, at least with me anyway. (The divorce) was tough, but it's not tough anymore."
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift