Deryck Whibley Feels Happier Post-Divorce From Avril Lavigne
Rocker Deryck Whibley is determined to remain positive following his divorce from Avril Lavigne, insisting the split was "good" for him and he's "happier than ever". The Sum 41 frontman and pop punk Lavigne ended their three-year marriage in 2009 and officially divorced on November 2010.
Whibley admits the break-up was hard for him to deal with at the time, but now he's over his heartache, he's adamant it's made him a happier man. He tells Kerrang! magazine, "It was a very painful experience. I don't really want to get into it, but what I'll say about it is that, at the end of the day, it was good (for me). Tough things are good to go through because they make you who you are."
"What I realized from going through that experience is that people travel along at a certain level of happiness. Then you go down to a low that you never knew existed. But when you come back up, your happiness levels go higher than ever before. You realize it's made you happier than ever before. The pain raises the bar of happiness further down the line, at least with me anyway. (The divorce) was tough, but it's not tough anymore."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off