Newly Single Delta Goodrem Denies Affair Rumor
Delta Goodrem has blasted reports suggesting she ended her engagement to former Westlife singer Brian McFadden because of a burgeoning romance, insisting the split was "absolutely mutual". The stars announced on Sunday, April3, that their seven-year relationship has come to an end.
Subsequent reports suggested the Australian singer had grown close to a colleague, but Goodrem has spoken out to dismiss the speculation. She says, "The split was absolutely mutual. We are still good friends. We talk every day." Goodrem's representative adds, "We would appreciate it if everyone could respect the couple's time together and not bring up hurtful rumors. This rumor is completely fabricated."
A friend has told The Daily Telegraph that the "In This Life" singer is lonely. "She's been spending a lot of time with her new circle of friends in L.A. and has realized that she really hasn't been missing Brian for a while," said the so-called friend. "She's been lonely and then there has been her friendship with (the mystery man)."
Delta has announced her separation from Brian after seven years together in early April. A joint statement about the split read, "Delta Goodrem and Brian McFadden regretfully announce that they are no longer engaged, and after much consideration, have mutually decided to end their relationship. This decision has been made with a lot of soul searching from both parties with the realization that they have grown apart."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest