Newly Single Delta Goodrem Denies Affair Rumor
Delta Goodrem has blasted reports suggesting she ended her engagement to former Westlife singer Brian McFadden because of a burgeoning romance, insisting the split was "absolutely mutual". The stars announced on Sunday, April3, that their seven-year relationship has come to an end.
Subsequent reports suggested the Australian singer had grown close to a colleague, but Goodrem has spoken out to dismiss the speculation. She says, "The split was absolutely mutual. We are still good friends. We talk every day." Goodrem's representative adds, "We would appreciate it if everyone could respect the couple's time together and not bring up hurtful rumors. This rumor is completely fabricated."
A friend has told The Daily Telegraph that the "In This Life" singer is lonely. "She's been spending a lot of time with her new circle of friends in L.A. and has realized that she really hasn't been missing Brian for a while," said the so-called friend. "She's been lonely and then there has been her friendship with (the mystery man)."
Delta has announced her separation from Brian after seven years together in early April. A joint statement about the split read, "Delta Goodrem and Brian McFadden regretfully announce that they are no longer engaged, and after much consideration, have mutually decided to end their relationship. This decision has been made with a lot of soul searching from both parties with the realization that they have grown apart."
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist