Lauren Conrad Scores New Book Trilogy Deal
Reality TV star-turned-designer Lauren Conrad has landed a three-book deal with publishers HarperCollins. The star has already hit the top of the New York Times bestseller list with her debut teen novel, "L.A. Candy", and now she's aiming for the top of the book charts again with a trilogy, titled "The Fame Game".
UsMagazine.com reports the story will be set in the reality TV universe, and feature the protagonist from the "L.A. Candy" book, Madison Parker. Conrad says, "We took the mean girl of the 'L.A. Candy' books, spinning her off. This series is about a girl who loves everything that fame is, and that's all she's ever really wanted. She has fun with the press, she enjoys the attention, she welcomes scandal!"
Conrad insists that the characters in the book are pure fiction. Rejecting the idea her characters are based on anyone real, she told the publication, "No. We have fun with it! We kind of take [Hollywood] stereotypes." Asked when she has the time to write, she replied, "Between 11 P.M. and 2 A.M. My phone doesn't ring, and there's nothing on TV!"
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image