Lauren Conrad Scores New Book Trilogy Deal
Reality TV star-turned-designer Lauren Conrad has landed a three-book deal with publishers HarperCollins. The star has already hit the top of the New York Times bestseller list with her debut teen novel, "L.A. Candy", and now she's aiming for the top of the book charts again with a trilogy, titled "The Fame Game".
UsMagazine.com reports the story will be set in the reality TV universe, and feature the protagonist from the "L.A. Candy" book, Madison Parker. Conrad says, "We took the mean girl of the 'L.A. Candy' books, spinning her off. This series is about a girl who loves everything that fame is, and that's all she's ever really wanted. She has fun with the press, she enjoys the attention, she welcomes scandal!"
Conrad insists that the characters in the book are pure fiction. Rejecting the idea her characters are based on anyone real, she told the publication, "No. We have fun with it! We kind of take [Hollywood] stereotypes." Asked when she has the time to write, she replied, "Between 11 P.M. and 2 A.M. My phone doesn't ring, and there's nothing on TV!"
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie