Lauren Conrad Scores New Book Trilogy Deal
Reality TV star-turned-designer Lauren Conrad has landed a three-book deal with publishers HarperCollins. The star has already hit the top of the New York Times bestseller list with her debut teen novel, "L.A. Candy", and now she's aiming for the top of the book charts again with a trilogy, titled "The Fame Game".
UsMagazine.com reports the story will be set in the reality TV universe, and feature the protagonist from the "L.A. Candy" book, Madison Parker. Conrad says, "We took the mean girl of the 'L.A. Candy' books, spinning her off. This series is about a girl who loves everything that fame is, and that's all she's ever really wanted. She has fun with the press, she enjoys the attention, she welcomes scandal!"
Conrad insists that the characters in the book are pure fiction. Rejecting the idea her characters are based on anyone real, she told the publication, "No. We have fun with it! We kind of take [Hollywood] stereotypes." Asked when she has the time to write, she replied, "Between 11 P.M. and 2 A.M. My phone doesn't ring, and there's nothing on TV!"
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed