Lauren Conrad Scores New Book Trilogy Deal
Reality TV star-turned-designer Lauren Conrad has landed a three-book deal with publishers HarperCollins. The star has already hit the top of the New York Times bestseller list with her debut teen novel, "L.A. Candy", and now she's aiming for the top of the book charts again with a trilogy, titled "The Fame Game".
UsMagazine.com reports the story will be set in the reality TV universe, and feature the protagonist from the "L.A. Candy" book, Madison Parker. Conrad says, "We took the mean girl of the 'L.A. Candy' books, spinning her off. This series is about a girl who loves everything that fame is, and that's all she's ever really wanted. She has fun with the press, she enjoys the attention, she welcomes scandal!"
Conrad insists that the characters in the book are pure fiction. Rejecting the idea her characters are based on anyone real, she told the publication, "No. We have fun with it! We kind of take [Hollywood] stereotypes." Asked when she has the time to write, she replied, "Between 11 P.M. and 2 A.M. My phone doesn't ring, and there's nothing on TV!"
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!