Lauren Conrad Scores New Book Trilogy Deal
Reality TV star-turned-designer Lauren Conrad has landed a three-book deal with publishers HarperCollins. The star has already hit the top of the New York Times bestseller list with her debut teen novel, "L.A. Candy", and now she's aiming for the top of the book charts again with a trilogy, titled "The Fame Game".
UsMagazine.com reports the story will be set in the reality TV universe, and feature the protagonist from the "L.A. Candy" book, Madison Parker. Conrad says, "We took the mean girl of the 'L.A. Candy' books, spinning her off. This series is about a girl who loves everything that fame is, and that's all she's ever really wanted. She has fun with the press, she enjoys the attention, she welcomes scandal!"
Conrad insists that the characters in the book are pure fiction. Rejecting the idea her characters are based on anyone real, she told the publication, "No. We have fun with it! We kind of take [Hollywood] stereotypes." Asked when she has the time to write, she replied, "Between 11 P.M. and 2 A.M. My phone doesn't ring, and there's nothing on TV!"
More Lauren Conrad News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell