Tom Conti Has Ghostly Encounter at Haunted Hotel
Veteran British actor Tom Conti had a ghostly encounter when he stayed at a spooky hotel on a movie shoot. The "Shirley Valentine" star was filming scenes on the U.K.'s Isle of Wight and unknowingly checked into a guest house rumored to have a resident specter.
The actor had two eerie experiences in the dead of night but eventually performed his own mini-exorcism - by trying to engage the apparition in conversation. Conti, who also has enjoyed recurring roles in U.S. TV shows "Friends and Cosby", says, "I was shooting a movie and I woke up in the early hours... and I heard somebody walking up and down beside the bed. (I) turned around. No one."
"And so I tried to go back to sleep but they started again. Turned around again - nothing. Closed my eyes. And the next thing I felt was 10 fingers (pressing) into my shoulder. Of course, I whirled around and there was nobody there."
The spooked actor decided to confront the ghost next time it made an appearance - and two nights later he got his chance. He adds, "It came back... and I said, 'Hello, is there anything I can help you with?' and it stopped. Finished. That was the end of it."
The Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England, has earned the nickname "Ghost Island" amid claims it is the most haunted isle in the world.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke