Tom Conti Has Ghostly Encounter at Haunted Hotel
Veteran British actor Tom Conti had a ghostly encounter when he stayed at a spooky hotel on a movie shoot. The "Shirley Valentine" star was filming scenes on the U.K.'s Isle of Wight and unknowingly checked into a guest house rumored to have a resident specter.
The actor had two eerie experiences in the dead of night but eventually performed his own mini-exorcism - by trying to engage the apparition in conversation. Conti, who also has enjoyed recurring roles in U.S. TV shows "Friends and Cosby", says, "I was shooting a movie and I woke up in the early hours... and I heard somebody walking up and down beside the bed. (I) turned around. No one."
"And so I tried to go back to sleep but they started again. Turned around again - nothing. Closed my eyes. And the next thing I felt was 10 fingers (pressing) into my shoulder. Of course, I whirled around and there was nobody there."
The spooked actor decided to confront the ghost next time it made an appearance - and two nights later he got his chance. He adds, "It came back... and I said, 'Hello, is there anything I can help you with?' and it stopped. Finished. That was the end of it."
The Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England, has earned the nickname "Ghost Island" amid claims it is the most haunted isle in the world.
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12