Robin Gibb Hospitalized Over Abdominal Pains
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has called off a string of gigs in Brazil after he was hospitalized with abdominal pains. The 61-year-old singer was taken to a hospital in Britain on Sunday, April 3, after he suddenly fell ill and doctors have advised him not to travel.
He was due in Brazil to meet with the country's president and perform in cities including Sao Paolo and Brasilia. A spokesperson for Gibb says, "In the early morning he had terrible pain and he was feeling very ill."
"A paramedic came out and he was taken to hospital. We are not sure what's wrong with him at this stage and are worried. We don't know if it is a recurrence of the previous problem or if it is something else entirely."
In 2010, Gibb underwent emergency stomach surgery for a blocked intestine. His twin brother and bandmate Maurice died in 2003 due to complications from a twisted intestine.
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's House Burns Down in California Massive Fire
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women