Robin Gibb Hospitalized Over Abdominal Pains
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has called off a string of gigs in Brazil after he was hospitalized with abdominal pains. The 61-year-old singer was taken to a hospital in Britain on Sunday, April 3, after he suddenly fell ill and doctors have advised him not to travel.
He was due in Brazil to meet with the country's president and perform in cities including Sao Paolo and Brasilia. A spokesperson for Gibb says, "In the early morning he had terrible pain and he was feeling very ill."
"A paramedic came out and he was taken to hospital. We are not sure what's wrong with him at this stage and are worried. We don't know if it is a recurrence of the previous problem or if it is something else entirely."
In 2010, Gibb underwent emergency stomach surgery for a blocked intestine. His twin brother and bandmate Maurice died in 2003 due to complications from a twisted intestine.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'