Robin Gibb Hospitalized Over Abdominal Pains
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has called off a string of gigs in Brazil after he was hospitalized with abdominal pains. The 61-year-old singer was taken to a hospital in Britain on Sunday, April 3, after he suddenly fell ill and doctors have advised him not to travel.
He was due in Brazil to meet with the country's president and perform in cities including Sao Paolo and Brasilia. A spokesperson for Gibb says, "In the early morning he had terrible pain and he was feeling very ill."
"A paramedic came out and he was taken to hospital. We are not sure what's wrong with him at this stage and are worried. We don't know if it is a recurrence of the previous problem or if it is something else entirely."
In 2010, Gibb underwent emergency stomach surgery for a blocked intestine. His twin brother and bandmate Maurice died in 2003 due to complications from a twisted intestine.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama