Wyclef Jean's Pick for Haiti President Wins Election
Wyclef Jean is celebrating after learning his pick for Haiti President has won the vote.
The Fugees star was back home in Haiti on Monday, April 4 for the first time since he was shot at while campaigning for presidential hopeful Michel Martelly on March 11 - and he announced the election result via Twitter.com.
In a tweet to followers, the hip-hop star wrote, "I am in Haiti right now the next president has been announced its @presidentmicky !!!!!!!!" Wyclef was traveling through the city of Delmas, near Port-au-Prince, on 19 March when his car came under attack from a mystery gunman. He suffered a minor injury to his hand and was taken to hospital for treatment.
He initially planned to challenge Martelly in the race for President but he was ruled ineligible to run for office in 2010. Martelly, who has no previous government experience, won the run-off against former First Lady Mirlande Manigat.
The first results will be open to legal challenges before the final winner is declared later on April 11.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series