Wyclef Jean's Pick for Haiti President Wins Election
Wyclef Jean is celebrating after learning his pick for Haiti President has won the vote.
The Fugees star was back home in Haiti on Monday, April 4 for the first time since he was shot at while campaigning for presidential hopeful Michel Martelly on March 11 - and he announced the election result via Twitter.com.
In a tweet to followers, the hip-hop star wrote, "I am in Haiti right now the next president has been announced its @presidentmicky !!!!!!!!" Wyclef was traveling through the city of Delmas, near Port-au-Prince, on 19 March when his car came under attack from a mystery gunman. He suffered a minor injury to his hand and was taken to hospital for treatment.
He initially planned to challenge Martelly in the race for President but he was ruled ineligible to run for office in 2010. Martelly, who has no previous government experience, won the run-off against former First Lady Mirlande Manigat.
The first results will be open to legal challenges before the final winner is declared later on April 11.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie