Snoop Dogg Turns Down Offer to Judge on 'The X Factor (US)'
Rapper Snoop Dogg has confirmed reports he was in the running to judge Simon Cowell's new "The X Factor (US)" talent show in America. The hip-hop star was approached to join the judging panel of the new series, alongside music mogul Antonio "L.A." Reid, but reveals he didn't want to make such a big commitment to the series.
He tells Digital Spy, "They asked me to do that, but I don't think that's for me. I wouldn't mind going on the show as a mentor, but not as far as a judge." The rapper, whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr., made the revelation on the orange carpet of Nickelodeon's 24th Annual Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday, April 2.
Snoop was among the musical performers at this year's Kids' Choice. He backed Big Time Rush when the pop quartet, consisting of Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Carlos Pena Jr. and Logan Henderson, delivered their song, "Boyfriend". At the end of the performance, the 39-year-old got slimed.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party