Snoop Dogg Turns Down Offer to Judge on 'The X Factor (US)'
Rapper Snoop Dogg has confirmed reports he was in the running to judge Simon Cowell's new "The X Factor (US)" talent show in America. The hip-hop star was approached to join the judging panel of the new series, alongside music mogul Antonio "L.A." Reid, but reveals he didn't want to make such a big commitment to the series.
He tells Digital Spy, "They asked me to do that, but I don't think that's for me. I wouldn't mind going on the show as a mentor, but not as far as a judge." The rapper, whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr., made the revelation on the orange carpet of Nickelodeon's 24th Annual Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday, April 2.
Snoop was among the musical performers at this year's Kids' Choice. He backed Big Time Rush when the pop quartet, consisting of Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Carlos Pena Jr. and Logan Henderson, delivered their song, "Boyfriend". At the end of the performance, the 39-year-old got slimed.
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose