Snoop Dogg Turns Down Offer to Judge on 'The X Factor (US)'
Rapper Snoop Dogg has confirmed reports he was in the running to judge Simon Cowell's new "The X Factor (US)" talent show in America. The hip-hop star was approached to join the judging panel of the new series, alongside music mogul Antonio "L.A." Reid, but reveals he didn't want to make such a big commitment to the series.
He tells Digital Spy, "They asked me to do that, but I don't think that's for me. I wouldn't mind going on the show as a mentor, but not as far as a judge." The rapper, whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr., made the revelation on the orange carpet of Nickelodeon's 24th Annual Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday, April 2.
Snoop was among the musical performers at this year's Kids' Choice. He backed Big Time Rush when the pop quartet, consisting of Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Carlos Pena Jr. and Logan Henderson, delivered their song, "Boyfriend". At the end of the performance, the 39-year-old got slimed.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story