Snoop Dogg Turns Down Offer to Judge on 'The X Factor (US)'
Rapper Snoop Dogg has confirmed reports he was in the running to judge Simon Cowell's new "The X Factor (US)" talent show in America. The hip-hop star was approached to join the judging panel of the new series, alongside music mogul Antonio "L.A." Reid, but reveals he didn't want to make such a big commitment to the series.
He tells Digital Spy, "They asked me to do that, but I don't think that's for me. I wouldn't mind going on the show as a mentor, but not as far as a judge." The rapper, whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr., made the revelation on the orange carpet of Nickelodeon's 24th Annual Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday, April 2.
Snoop was among the musical performers at this year's Kids' Choice. He backed Big Time Rush when the pop quartet, consisting of Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Carlos Pena Jr. and Logan Henderson, delivered their song, "Boyfriend". At the end of the performance, the 39-year-old got slimed.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women