LCD Soundsystem Has Performed Final Show at Madison Square Garden
James Murphy and LCD Soundsystem bid farewell to fans at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday night, April 2 with a rousing show featuring members of Arcade Fire. Murphy announced the final show in February and asked fans to show up in black-and-white attire - and many did.
For three-and-a-half-hour, the band played 29 songs in total, and gave their fans a treat by performing "45:33". They were supported by a number of special guests, including The Juan MacLean and members of Arcade Fire.
After performing their opening number, Murphy told the crowd, "This is a weird experience for us." He added, "In keeping with the history of our band, we hope it's going to be a weird experience for everybody."
The audience featured celebrity fans Courtney Love and Susan Sarandon. An emotional Murphy told the crowd, "It's like New Year's except next year we're dead."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent