LCD Soundsystem Has Performed Final Show at Madison Square Garden
James Murphy and LCD Soundsystem bid farewell to fans at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday night, April 2 with a rousing show featuring members of Arcade Fire. Murphy announced the final show in February and asked fans to show up in black-and-white attire - and many did.
For three-and-a-half-hour, the band played 29 songs in total, and gave their fans a treat by performing "45:33". They were supported by a number of special guests, including The Juan MacLean and members of Arcade Fire.
After performing their opening number, Murphy told the crowd, "This is a weird experience for us." He added, "In keeping with the history of our band, we hope it's going to be a weird experience for everybody."
The audience featured celebrity fans Courtney Love and Susan Sarandon. An emotional Murphy told the crowd, "It's like New Year's except next year we're dead."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris