LCD Soundsystem Has Performed Final Show at Madison Square Garden
James Murphy and LCD Soundsystem bid farewell to fans at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday night, April 2 with a rousing show featuring members of Arcade Fire. Murphy announced the final show in February and asked fans to show up in black-and-white attire - and many did.
For three-and-a-half-hour, the band played 29 songs in total, and gave their fans a treat by performing "45:33". They were supported by a number of special guests, including The Juan MacLean and members of Arcade Fire.
After performing their opening number, Murphy told the crowd, "This is a weird experience for us." He added, "In keeping with the history of our band, we hope it's going to be a weird experience for everybody."
The audience featured celebrity fans Courtney Love and Susan Sarandon. An emotional Murphy told the crowd, "It's like New Year's except next year we're dead."
More LCD Soundsystem News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs