LCD Soundsystem Has Performed Final Show at Madison Square Garden
James Murphy and LCD Soundsystem bid farewell to fans at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday night, April 2 with a rousing show featuring members of Arcade Fire. Murphy announced the final show in February and asked fans to show up in black-and-white attire - and many did.
For three-and-a-half-hour, the band played 29 songs in total, and gave their fans a treat by performing "45:33". They were supported by a number of special guests, including The Juan MacLean and members of Arcade Fire.
After performing their opening number, Murphy told the crowd, "This is a weird experience for us." He added, "In keeping with the history of our band, we hope it's going to be a weird experience for everybody."
The audience featured celebrity fans Courtney Love and Susan Sarandon. An emotional Murphy told the crowd, "It's like New Year's except next year we're dead."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia