Katharine Ross' Restraining Order Request Dismissed
A judge has thrown out a restraining order against actress Katharine Ross' daughter after the warring relatives failed to show up at court for a second hearing. The "Graduate" star requested legal protection from Cleo, her only child with actor husband Sam Elliott, on March 2011 over allegations her daughter attacked her at the family home in Malibu, California.
In legal papers filed at Los Angeles County Court, Ross claimed Cleo, 26, has been violent since her early teens and had threatened to kill her mother before stabbing her with a pair of scissors as she tried to phone 911. Ross was granted a temporary restraining order and a judge demanded Cleo move out of the family home and stay at least 100 yards (91 meters) away from her mother.
The pair was due back in court on 30 March to see if the protection order should be extended, but as neither mother nor daughter showed up to the hearing, the presiding judge decided to throw the case out.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes