Katharine Ross' Restraining Order Request Dismissed
A judge has thrown out a restraining order against actress Katharine Ross' daughter after the warring relatives failed to show up at court for a second hearing. The "Graduate" star requested legal protection from Cleo, her only child with actor husband Sam Elliott, on March 2011 over allegations her daughter attacked her at the family home in Malibu, California.
In legal papers filed at Los Angeles County Court, Ross claimed Cleo, 26, has been violent since her early teens and had threatened to kill her mother before stabbing her with a pair of scissors as she tried to phone 911. Ross was granted a temporary restraining order and a judge demanded Cleo move out of the family home and stay at least 100 yards (91 meters) away from her mother.
The pair was due back in court on 30 March to see if the protection order should be extended, but as neither mother nor daughter showed up to the hearing, the presiding judge decided to throw the case out.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?