Katharine Ross' Restraining Order Request Dismissed
A judge has thrown out a restraining order against actress Katharine Ross' daughter after the warring relatives failed to show up at court for a second hearing. The "Graduate" star requested legal protection from Cleo, her only child with actor husband Sam Elliott, on March 2011 over allegations her daughter attacked her at the family home in Malibu, California.
In legal papers filed at Los Angeles County Court, Ross claimed Cleo, 26, has been violent since her early teens and had threatened to kill her mother before stabbing her with a pair of scissors as she tried to phone 911. Ross was granted a temporary restraining order and a judge demanded Cleo move out of the family home and stay at least 100 yards (91 meters) away from her mother.
The pair was due back in court on 30 March to see if the protection order should be extended, but as neither mother nor daughter showed up to the hearing, the presiding judge decided to throw the case out.
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie