Katharine Ross' Restraining Order Request Dismissed
A judge has thrown out a restraining order against actress Katharine Ross' daughter after the warring relatives failed to show up at court for a second hearing. The "Graduate" star requested legal protection from Cleo, her only child with actor husband Sam Elliott, on March 2011 over allegations her daughter attacked her at the family home in Malibu, California.
In legal papers filed at Los Angeles County Court, Ross claimed Cleo, 26, has been violent since her early teens and had threatened to kill her mother before stabbing her with a pair of scissors as she tried to phone 911. Ross was granted a temporary restraining order and a judge demanded Cleo move out of the family home and stay at least 100 yards (91 meters) away from her mother.
The pair was due back in court on 30 March to see if the protection order should be extended, but as neither mother nor daughter showed up to the hearing, the presiding judge decided to throw the case out.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri