Leighton Meester and Vanilla Ice to Join 'I Hate You, Dad'
"Country Strong" star Leighton Meester and Vanilla Ice are in talks to play supporting roles in Adam Sandler's new comedy "I Hate You, Dad". Meester is slated to play Sandler's in the film, which also stars comedian Andy Samberg, and "Ice Ice Baby" star Vanilla Ice is tipped to play a gay wedding planner.
If he signs on for the film, it will be Ice's first movie role since 2002's "The New Guy". In the film, Sandler plays Samberg's father, who moves in with his son and his fiancee. James Caan is also in talks to join the cast - as Meester's dad, according to Variety.
"I Hate You, Dad", which eyes a June 15, 2012 release in the U.S., will be directed by Sean Anders and John Morris using a screenplay by David Wain and Ken Marino, who rewrote David Caspe's original script. In addition to starring in the film, Sandler will also produce through his Happy Madison banner along with Jack Giarraputo and Heather Parry.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami