Leighton Meester and Vanilla Ice to Join 'I Hate You, Dad'
"Country Strong" star Leighton Meester and Vanilla Ice are in talks to play supporting roles in Adam Sandler's new comedy "I Hate You, Dad". Meester is slated to play Sandler's in the film, which also stars comedian Andy Samberg, and "Ice Ice Baby" star Vanilla Ice is tipped to play a gay wedding planner.
If he signs on for the film, it will be Ice's first movie role since 2002's "The New Guy". In the film, Sandler plays Samberg's father, who moves in with his son and his fiancee. James Caan is also in talks to join the cast - as Meester's dad, according to Variety.
"I Hate You, Dad", which eyes a June 15, 2012 release in the U.S., will be directed by Sean Anders and John Morris using a screenplay by David Wain and Ken Marino, who rewrote David Caspe's original script. In addition to starring in the film, Sandler will also produce through his Happy Madison banner along with Jack Giarraputo and Heather Parry.
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It