Ewan McGregor Backs UNICEF Campaign to Save Expectant Mother
Scottish actor Ewan McGregor is backing a new UNICEF campaign to provide medical equipment to save the lives of expectant mothers in the Third World. The "Trainspotting" star, a longtime U.K. ambassador for the organization, is calling on his fans to purchase the $38.40 Deliver a Baby gift pack, which includes items to aid the safe deliver of children.
The actor is hoping 1,000 packs will be sold by Sunday, April 3 to mark the annual Mother's Day celebrations in Britain. McGregor says, "This Mothers' Day I'll be showing my mum just how much she means to me by buying her a gift with a difference - one that will give another mother and her newborn child the chance of a future together."
"It is completely and utterly wrong that 1,000 mums lose their lives everyday as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, and I urge you to help us put it right, by supporting UNICEF to deliver a life-saving pack to 1,000 mums around the world."
More Ewan McGregor News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert