Ewan McGregor Backs UNICEF Campaign to Save Expectant Mother
Scottish actor Ewan McGregor is backing a new UNICEF campaign to provide medical equipment to save the lives of expectant mothers in the Third World. The "Trainspotting" star, a longtime U.K. ambassador for the organization, is calling on his fans to purchase the $38.40 Deliver a Baby gift pack, which includes items to aid the safe deliver of children.
The actor is hoping 1,000 packs will be sold by Sunday, April 3 to mark the annual Mother's Day celebrations in Britain. McGregor says, "This Mothers' Day I'll be showing my mum just how much she means to me by buying her a gift with a difference - one that will give another mother and her newborn child the chance of a future together."
"It is completely and utterly wrong that 1,000 mums lose their lives everyday as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, and I urge you to help us put it right, by supporting UNICEF to deliver a life-saving pack to 1,000 mums around the world."
More Ewan McGregor News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'