Ewan McGregor Backs UNICEF Campaign to Save Expectant Mother
Scottish actor Ewan McGregor is backing a new UNICEF campaign to provide medical equipment to save the lives of expectant mothers in the Third World. The "Trainspotting" star, a longtime U.K. ambassador for the organization, is calling on his fans to purchase the $38.40 Deliver a Baby gift pack, which includes items to aid the safe deliver of children.
The actor is hoping 1,000 packs will be sold by Sunday, April 3 to mark the annual Mother's Day celebrations in Britain. McGregor says, "This Mothers' Day I'll be showing my mum just how much she means to me by buying her a gift with a difference - one that will give another mother and her newborn child the chance of a future together."
"It is completely and utterly wrong that 1,000 mums lose their lives everyday as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, and I urge you to help us put it right, by supporting UNICEF to deliver a life-saving pack to 1,000 mums around the world."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie