Ewan McGregor Backs UNICEF Campaign to Save Expectant Mother
Scottish actor Ewan McGregor is backing a new UNICEF campaign to provide medical equipment to save the lives of expectant mothers in the Third World. The "Trainspotting" star, a longtime U.K. ambassador for the organization, is calling on his fans to purchase the $38.40 Deliver a Baby gift pack, which includes items to aid the safe deliver of children.
The actor is hoping 1,000 packs will be sold by Sunday, April 3 to mark the annual Mother's Day celebrations in Britain. McGregor says, "This Mothers' Day I'll be showing my mum just how much she means to me by buying her a gift with a difference - one that will give another mother and her newborn child the chance of a future together."
"It is completely and utterly wrong that 1,000 mums lose their lives everyday as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, and I urge you to help us put it right, by supporting UNICEF to deliver a life-saving pack to 1,000 mums around the world."
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton