Ewan McGregor Backs UNICEF Campaign to Save Expectant Mother
Scottish actor Ewan McGregor is backing a new UNICEF campaign to provide medical equipment to save the lives of expectant mothers in the Third World. The "Trainspotting" star, a longtime U.K. ambassador for the organization, is calling on his fans to purchase the $38.40 Deliver a Baby gift pack, which includes items to aid the safe deliver of children.
The actor is hoping 1,000 packs will be sold by Sunday, April 3 to mark the annual Mother's Day celebrations in Britain. McGregor says, "This Mothers' Day I'll be showing my mum just how much she means to me by buying her a gift with a difference - one that will give another mother and her newborn child the chance of a future together."
"It is completely and utterly wrong that 1,000 mums lose their lives everyday as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, and I urge you to help us put it right, by supporting UNICEF to deliver a life-saving pack to 1,000 mums around the world."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt