Nick Cannon Admits Pulling Mariah Carey in Labor Prank
Nick Cannon has confirmed he pulled a spectacular April Fools' Day joke on his fans by running out on his radio show and claiming his wife Mariah Carey had gone into labor. The rapper/actor rushed out of work at New York-based radio station 92.3 Now FM on Friday morning, April 1 after suggesting he had received a frantic phone call from his partner, who is pregnant with twins.
A post on the radio station's Twitter.com page, read, "So Nick Cannon just ran out the door after getting a call from Mariah. This could be the BIG DAY!!!" while Cannon's on-air colleague Nikki Hesse later added, "We just spoke to him on the phone. He's going to airport right now bc (because) she's in L.A... Confirming news from Nick Cannon... It's time!! He's on the way to (the) airport. He is keeping us updated throughout the rest of show. Stay tuned for an update."
But Cannon later revealed the stunt was a joke, writing on Twitter, "Just pulled the best April Fools' prank on my radio show 92.3 Now FM. Got to take most of the morning off! LOL (laugh out loud) Sorry... April Fools." Hesse subsequently tweeted, "Nick Cannon - war is on! Not cool! April fools on me!! How the hec u (sic) gonna prank us like that?!! I really believed MC (Carey) was in labor!"
Cannon sparked previous rumors about the imminent birth of his children earlier this week on March 28, when he flew into New York for his radio hosting duties and wrote on Twitter, "On a plane back to NY (New York). Praying dem (them) babies wait for daddy to come back b4 (before) they pop out!"
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism