Miley Cyrus Refuses to Start Up New Twitter Account
Miley Cyrus has no plans to start up her Twitter.com account again, insisting it would be "hypocritical" for her to open up online after taking aim at the media for intruding on her private life. The former "Hannah Montana" star has hit out at the tabloid press on numerous occasions for spreading false rumors about her love life and criticizing the singer/actress for her behavior away from the spotlight, following a scandal last year when she was filmed smoking a legal high from a bong.
Cyrus logged off Twitter.com and shut down her account in 2009, but she started tweeting again last week from her producer Rock Mafia's page. She wrote, "When I need to speak out I will tweet from @Rock_Mafia ROCK MAFIA FOREVER xMC."
But the 18-year-old insists she's not about to relaunch her own blog. She tells Australia's Daily Telegraph, "I do not tweet, I do not social network, I try to stay out of it. I complain enough about people knowing too much about my private life, so to go out there and exploit myself would be silly and hypocritical."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special