Miley Cyrus Refuses to Start Up New Twitter Account
Miley Cyrus has no plans to start up her Twitter.com account again, insisting it would be "hypocritical" for her to open up online after taking aim at the media for intruding on her private life. The former "Hannah Montana" star has hit out at the tabloid press on numerous occasions for spreading false rumors about her love life and criticizing the singer/actress for her behavior away from the spotlight, following a scandal last year when she was filmed smoking a legal high from a bong.
Cyrus logged off Twitter.com and shut down her account in 2009, but she started tweeting again last week from her producer Rock Mafia's page. She wrote, "When I need to speak out I will tweet from @Rock_Mafia ROCK MAFIA FOREVER xMC."
But the 18-year-old insists she's not about to relaunch her own blog. She tells Australia's Daily Telegraph, "I do not tweet, I do not social network, I try to stay out of it. I complain enough about people knowing too much about my private life, so to go out there and exploit myself would be silly and hypocritical."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery