Miley Cyrus Refuses to Start Up New Twitter Account
Miley Cyrus has no plans to start up her Twitter.com account again, insisting it would be "hypocritical" for her to open up online after taking aim at the media for intruding on her private life. The former "Hannah Montana" star has hit out at the tabloid press on numerous occasions for spreading false rumors about her love life and criticizing the singer/actress for her behavior away from the spotlight, following a scandal last year when she was filmed smoking a legal high from a bong.
Cyrus logged off Twitter.com and shut down her account in 2009, but she started tweeting again last week from her producer Rock Mafia's page. She wrote, "When I need to speak out I will tweet from @Rock_Mafia ROCK MAFIA FOREVER xMC."
But the 18-year-old insists she's not about to relaunch her own blog. She tells Australia's Daily Telegraph, "I do not tweet, I do not social network, I try to stay out of it. I complain enough about people knowing too much about my private life, so to go out there and exploit myself would be silly and hypocritical."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer