Neve Campbell Blames Ghastly 2010 Black Bikini Photos on Foot Injury
Movie star Neve Campbell was hurt and upset by the "shockingly mean" comments leveled at her when she stepped out in a black bikini on vacation last summer 2010, because a foot injury left her unable to work out.
The "Scream" star thought she looked great but was left aghast when the media took aim at her for daring to put on weight, and then strip off in Hawaii. Campbell says, "I had just gotten off the plane, I was bloated and PMS-ing [pre-menstrual tension], and I hadn't exercised in months because my foot was injured. There were comments like, 'She's no longer a Wild Thing'. It was horrible."
"The annoying thing to me is that I'm in great shape, and I'm strong, and I take care of myself. I might have been five pounds heavier in that photo than what people expect, but I'm a human being. I'm on holiday, leave me alone."
And she admits she was astounded when the candid shots taken of her on an empty beach made such a splash in the tabloids and online. She tells Health magazine, "I was like, 'What's going on in Afghanistan, and why are we not talking about those things? Are we really going to waste time talking about my black bikini?' "
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation