Taylor Swift and Reba McEntire to Get Special Awards on 2011 ACM Awards
Taylor Swift, Reba McEntire and Garth Brooks have learned they're already winners of Academy of Country Music honors five days before the organization's big awards show in Las Vegas. The trio join Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers as those who will be honored with special awards from the Academy.
McEntire will receive a Career Achievement Award, while Swift is the recipient of the 2011 Jim Reeves International Award for her contributions to the acceptance of country music throughout the world. Brooks and the Gatlins will receive the Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award.
Additionally, Tom T. Hall and the late Hank Cochran are this year's recipients of the Poet's Award in recognition of their achievements as songwriters, and artist manager John Dorris has been tapped for the Mae Boren Axton Award in recognition of his years of service to the ACM.
Even Gwyneth Paltrow's Country Strong movie has landed an accolade - the cast has been honored with the Tex Ritter Award, which is given to films which prominently feature country music. The special honors, announced on Tuesday, March 29, will not be handed at during the ACM Awards show on Sunday, April 3. The trophies and many industry awards will be presented at the ACM Honors gala, which will take place later this year in Nashville, Tennessee.
More Taylor Swift News
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean
- Zac Efron Apologizes to Paris Jackson for Breaking Her Heart