Taylor Swift and Reba McEntire to Get Special Awards on 2011 ACM Awards
Taylor Swift, Reba McEntire and Garth Brooks have learned they're already winners of Academy of Country Music honors five days before the organization's big awards show in Las Vegas. The trio join Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers as those who will be honored with special awards from the Academy.
McEntire will receive a Career Achievement Award, while Swift is the recipient of the 2011 Jim Reeves International Award for her contributions to the acceptance of country music throughout the world. Brooks and the Gatlins will receive the Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award.
Additionally, Tom T. Hall and the late Hank Cochran are this year's recipients of the Poet's Award in recognition of their achievements as songwriters, and artist manager John Dorris has been tapped for the Mae Boren Axton Award in recognition of his years of service to the ACM.
Even Gwyneth Paltrow's Country Strong movie has landed an accolade - the cast has been honored with the Tex Ritter Award, which is given to films which prominently feature country music. The special honors, announced on Tuesday, March 29, will not be handed at during the ACM Awards show on Sunday, April 3. The trophies and many industry awards will be presented at the ACM Honors gala, which will take place later this year in Nashville, Tennessee.
More Taylor Swift News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says