Miranda Cosgrove Forced to Avoid Studying in Public Libraries
Teenage singer/actress Miranda Cosgrove has been forced to find a new quiet place to do her homework because she attracts too much attention from fans when she studies in public. The "iCarly" star, 17, has a private tutor and used to head to local libraries near her Los Angeles house to research and complete her school work.
But she has had to alter her study plans as she prepares for college to avoid causing a disturbance wherever she goes. Cosgrove tells The New York Times Magazine, "We've been told to leave about half the libraries in Los Angeles for being distracting."
The actress is currently studying Shakespeare, French, economics and government, and she admits being home schooled isn't as fun as it seems. She says, "At first I was kind of happy to be home schooled because all my friends were afraid of that first day of middle school. But actually it's harder. You're all alone... It's cool in a way, but I miss being in a regular school."
"The School of Rock" star is currently eyeing colleges in California and New York to further her education. She tells Seventeen magazine, "My ultimate dream is to go to the University of Southern California for two years and then New York University for two years."
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball