Beyonce Knowles' Dad Denies Rifts Within the Family Rumors
Beyonce Knowles' father Mathew Knowles has dismissed rumors his famous daughter dumped him as her manager over a family rift - insisting the "mutual" decision was made so he could concentrate on mentoring gospel singers. The pop superstar's dad has managed her career since she was a teenager, but the singer announced this week (beginning March 28) that they had decided to part ways.
Beyonce insisted the split was "on a business level", but her statement failed to silence rumors the pair's relationship hasn't recovered from a family scandal last year, when Knowles was revealed to have fathered a lovechild while he was still married to the star's mother, Tina. The baby was born three months after Tina Knowles filed for divorce.
Mathew has now released his own statement to clarify the reports, insisting he wanted to move on from managing Beyonce to concentrate on other artists. He tells Us Weekly, "We mutually agreed to part ways in terms of me managing Beyonce, as my focus is in the investment of Music World Entertainment's growing gospel and inspirational music division... Because of the success of all of these artists, my focus has to be on gospel now."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says