Beyonce Knowles' Dad Denies Rifts Within the Family Rumors
Beyonce Knowles' father Mathew Knowles has dismissed rumors his famous daughter dumped him as her manager over a family rift - insisting the "mutual" decision was made so he could concentrate on mentoring gospel singers. The pop superstar's dad has managed her career since she was a teenager, but the singer announced this week (beginning March 28) that they had decided to part ways.
Beyonce insisted the split was "on a business level", but her statement failed to silence rumors the pair's relationship hasn't recovered from a family scandal last year, when Knowles was revealed to have fathered a lovechild while he was still married to the star's mother, Tina. The baby was born three months after Tina Knowles filed for divorce.
Mathew has now released his own statement to clarify the reports, insisting he wanted to move on from managing Beyonce to concentrate on other artists. He tells Us Weekly, "We mutually agreed to part ways in terms of me managing Beyonce, as my focus is in the investment of Music World Entertainment's growing gospel and inspirational music division... Because of the success of all of these artists, my focus has to be on gospel now."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli