Katy Perry Launches Twitter Feud Against Calvin Harris
Katy Perry and Calvin Harris have launched a bitter war of words on Twitter after the Scottish DJ canceled his supporting slot on the singer's U.K. tour at the last minute.
The "Girls" hitmaker was due to open Perry's shows across Ireland and Britain, but the "I Kissed a Girl" singer was forced to announce that Harris had dropped out of the tour just hours before taking the stage in Dublin, Ireland on Monday night, March 28.
In a tweet to fans on Monday afternoon, she wrote, "FYI ALL UK & IRELAND RELATED SHOWS @CalvinHarris will NOT be joining in on the fun and has CANCELLED last minute." Harris then launched a scathing attack on Perry, insisting he had good reason to ax his slot, explaining he didn't want to perform with no production on stage.
In a series of messages he writes, "Sorry to all who wanted to see me with Katy, her team suddenly moved the goalposts, and i was to appear on stage with 'no production'. It would have looked s**t, sounded s**t, trust me you would have been more disappointed SEEING the show than u are with me canceling. That's the honest truth. Her show is AWESOME, you'll all have an amazing time without me. (especially w/o (without) me DJing on a cardboard box in front of a pink curtain)."
But Perry was left unimpressed with his explanation, insisting Harris has become synonymous with being unreliable, responding, "Funny the goal post seems to be perfectly fine for New Young Pony Club, Stephane Yelle, Robyn, Marina and the Diamonds to name a few... Or how bout Janelle Monae (sic) and her 16 piece band... Etc... it's fine, I'm used to you canceling on me, it's become ur staple!"
More Katy Perry News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce