Wyclef Jean Poking Fun at His Gun Shot Injury
Rapper Wyclef Jean poked fun at his recent gun shot injury in Haiti as he took to the stage over the weekend for his first performance since the incident. The former Fugees star was shot in the hand after his car came under attack and was peppered with bullets as he was being driven through the city of Port-au-Prince promoting the election in his native Haiti.
But the hip-hop artist brushed off the shooting in a freestyle rap as he performed at Haze Nightclub in Las Vegas on Saturday, March 26, with a Haitian flag wrapped around his wounded hand.
And Jean is thankful his misfortune helped to highlight the country's turmoil, which may have otherwise gone unnoticed. He tells People.com, "It brought light to the fact that there was an election going on that day. I don't think none of you all knew about an election in Haiti until everyone heard what happened to me."
The rapper, who lives primarily in the U.S., had expressed his desire to run for president in his home country, but was ruled out of the political race after Haitian lawmakers decided he did not meet the necessary residency requirements.
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises