Wyclef Jean Poking Fun at His Gun Shot Injury
Rapper Wyclef Jean poked fun at his recent gun shot injury in Haiti as he took to the stage over the weekend for his first performance since the incident. The former Fugees star was shot in the hand after his car came under attack and was peppered with bullets as he was being driven through the city of Port-au-Prince promoting the election in his native Haiti.
But the hip-hop artist brushed off the shooting in a freestyle rap as he performed at Haze Nightclub in Las Vegas on Saturday, March 26, with a Haitian flag wrapped around his wounded hand.
And Jean is thankful his misfortune helped to highlight the country's turmoil, which may have otherwise gone unnoticed. He tells People.com, "It brought light to the fact that there was an election going on that day. I don't think none of you all knew about an election in Haiti until everyone heard what happened to me."
The rapper, who lives primarily in the U.S., had expressed his desire to run for president in his home country, but was ruled out of the political race after Haitian lawmakers decided he did not meet the necessary residency requirements.
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards