Wyclef Jean Poking Fun at His Gun Shot Injury
Rapper Wyclef Jean poked fun at his recent gun shot injury in Haiti as he took to the stage over the weekend for his first performance since the incident. The former Fugees star was shot in the hand after his car came under attack and was peppered with bullets as he was being driven through the city of Port-au-Prince promoting the election in his native Haiti.
But the hip-hop artist brushed off the shooting in a freestyle rap as he performed at Haze Nightclub in Las Vegas on Saturday, March 26, with a Haitian flag wrapped around his wounded hand.
And Jean is thankful his misfortune helped to highlight the country's turmoil, which may have otherwise gone unnoticed. He tells People.com, "It brought light to the fact that there was an election going on that day. I don't think none of you all knew about an election in Haiti until everyone heard what happened to me."
The rapper, who lives primarily in the U.S., had expressed his desire to run for president in his home country, but was ruled out of the political race after Haitian lawmakers decided he did not meet the necessary residency requirements.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why